If you would like to view our recorded webinar “The Importance of Skin Integrity Under the IMPACT Act” Presented by Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, HCS-O of Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc., please use the link below:
This webinar addresses:
- An overview of the IMPACT Act, including current and future timelines for specific assessment measures and expected activities.
- The 2017 changes in the home health OASIS data collection tool related to this first phase of implementing IMPACT Act.
- Guidance on the accurate completion of new data collection OASIS items and their relationship to assessing and care planning related to skin integrity issues, including case examples.
- Discussion of major factors that lead to the development of pressure ulcers such as incontinence, limitations in mobility, presence of co-morbid conditions and more.
- The increased importance of documentation related to this initiative including suggestions for tracking information.
- The importance of the involvement of the entire health care team in dealing with skin integrity issues.
Who should view this webinar?
Clinicians from all disciplines (nursing, therapies), supervisors or patient care coordinators, quality improvement personnel, and members of the administrative team.
*CE Contact Hours are not offered for this webinar.
About Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, HCS-O
Ms. Adams is the President and CEO at Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc., where she provides education and consulting services to home health agencies, hospice associations and health systems with a focus on operations, education and compliance. Since 2012 she has traveled the east coast of the U.S. extensively, leading courses on best practices for ICD-10-CM with an emphasis on a team-building strategies.
Shield HealthCare | Medical Supplies For Care At Home Since 1957