For anyone who missed our recent “Troubleshooting Issues w/ Foley, Intermittent & Male External Catheters” webinar, presented by Kelly Sparks, RN, BSN, CWOCN, you can watch the video above at your convenience.
Urinary catheters for patients with compromised bladder function come with a number of challenges and risks. No matter which type of urinary drainage device is used, each has its own problems and benefits. Learn how to care for these patients and minimize these risks. This webinar will cover how to identify and solve common problems and improve the outcomes for these patients.
For more information, see related articles and resources here:
- Male External Catheter Troubleshooting Guide
- Urological Insights Newsletter – Volume 2
- CAUTI Infographic: Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection
- 10 Steps to Self-Catheterization
- Preventing Catheter Associated UTIs (CAUTI) Webinar Video/Slides
- Male External Catheters and Skin Health
Shield HealthCare | Medical Supplies For Care At Home Since 1957