o b

Monthly Archive: January 2012

Feeding Tube Awareness Week February 5-11, 2012

Feeding Tube Awareness Week, February 5-11, 2012 Tube feeding is often associated with missing an essential aspect of life: eating. Thanks to increased awareness, tube feeding is now recognized as a lifesaving medical intervention that provides essential nutrition. Feeding Tube Awareness Week was developed by “Tubie Mommas and Daddies,” a group of parents raising children with feeding… Continue reading Feeding Tube Awareness Week February 5-11, 2012

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS

EnteraLite Infinity Pump Instructional Video

Instructional video for the EnteraLite Infinity Pump for enteral feeding, provided by Shield HealthCare. This educational video includes a day in the life of an active child who uses the Infinity Pump and detailed instructions on how to use the EnteraLite Infinity pump for tube feeding.

Shield HealthCare RDs Attend ASPEN Clinical Nutrition Week

Shield HealthCare‘s Registered Dietitians have just returned from A.S.P.E.N. Clinical Nutrition Week, an annual conference created by the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. The 2012 CNW conference took place in Orlando, Florida, where the RDs spent four days sharpening their skills in enteral nutrition with educational and research-focused workshops led by globally recognized faculty. They also… Continue reading Shield HealthCare RDs Attend ASPEN Clinical Nutrition Week

Family Matters: Talking To Kids About Alzheimer’s Disease

In dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and its effect on the entire family, children are often the first to notice behavior changes. Caregivers may initially prefer not to mention the diagnosis to young ones, as they are busy themselves trying to understand the disease and organize the care plan. The good news is, the resources for helping children cope with a family member’s memory loss and unexpected… Continue reading Family Matters: Talking To Kids About Alzheimer’s Disease

Gina Flores

Caregiver Story Contest Winner Spotlight: NICU Nurse Becomes Foster Mom To A Premie Patient

Congratulations to Vivian B., Registered Nurse in Temecula, CA Vivian was one of five caregivers awarded the $250 runner-up prize in Shield HealthCare’s 11th annual “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest. Vivian’s Winning Story: Who would have thought that at 65 years old, I was about to become a mommy to a 27-week preemie? I was blessed to… Continue reading Caregiver Story Contest Winner Spotlight: NICU Nurse Becomes Foster Mom To A Premie Patient

Gina Flores

Mom of 6 Wins Caregiver Story Contest Runner-Up Prize

Congratulations to Tiffany H., Caregiver for her daughter in Monroe, WA Tiffany was one of five caregivers awarded the $250 runner-up prize in Shield HealthCare’s 11th annual “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest. Tiffany’s Winning Story: I’m irritated, my blood pressure is rising. Where is my fifteen year old son who should have been home seven minutes ago? A… Continue reading Mom of 6 Wins Caregiver Story Contest Runner-Up Prize

Gina Flores

Caregiver Story Contest Grand Prize Winner Tells: How Good It Feels To Return The Love

Congratulations to La Nedra M., Caregiver for her mother in Cerritos, CA La Nedra was one of three caregivers awarded the $1,000 grand prize in Shield HealthCare’s 11th annual “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest. La Nedra’s winning story is titled, “HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO RETURN THE LOVE!” “Hello? Hello? Do you want to come in?” Those… Continue reading Caregiver Story Contest Grand Prize Winner Tells: How Good It Feels To Return The Love

Gina Flores

The Latest Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease

The Alzheimer’s Association released the latest statistics today on YouTube about Alzheimer’s Disease. The Alzheimer’s Association Facts and Figures report details the growing prevalence of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Watch the alz.org YouTube video for an insightful glimpse of Alzheimer’s and its escalating impact on individuals, caregivers, families, government and the nation’s healthcare system:  

Gina Flores
Fragile X Syndrome

Father of Two Sons With Fragile X Syndrome Wins Story Contest Grand Prize

Congratulations to Matt G., caregiver for his two sons with Fragile X Syndrome in Olympia, WA. Matt was one of three caregivers awarded the grand prize.

Gina Flores

Caregiver Dad from Boulder, CO Wins Story Contest Grand Prize

Congratulations to Howard R., caregiver for his daughter in Boulder, Colorado Howard was one of three caregivers awarded the $1,000 grand prize in Shield HealthCare’s 11th annual “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest. Howard’s Winning Story: I’m thinking “OK, where are the Grape Nuts this week?” Just about everything is now checked off my Costco… Continue reading Caregiver Dad from Boulder, CO Wins Story Contest Grand Prize

Gina Flores
Next Page »