o b

Monthly Archive: March 2012

Shield HealthCare Hosts Enteral Nutrition Education Workshops For Nurses

Shield HealthCare cordially invites Northern California, Colorado and Washington nurses to attend a complimentary education workshop with 2 CE units*, designed to provide essential details and components of tube feeding and nutrition screening. Workshop topic:  Nurses’ Guide to Tube Feeding and Nutrition Screening Guest speaker: Shield HealthCare on-staff Registered Dietitians with clinical experience in enteral nutrition… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Hosts Enteral Nutrition Education Workshops For Nurses

Gina Flores

A Wish for All Caregivers from the Heart of a Pediatric Nurse

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by Maria G. “Nights can be long for a caregiver. I know because I have been a pediatric nurse for almost 15 years. I am also a mom to a child with asthma so I have many times seen the sun set… Continue reading A Wish for All Caregivers from the Heart of a Pediatric Nurse

Gina Flores

A Cowboy at Heart | Son Returns the Love to His Father with Alzheimer’s

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by John M. “I care for my dad, who has Alzheimer’s. What a terrible disease. Who would have ever thought that I would be in reverse roles with my dad, but what a privilege! Dad is a cowboy. He has belt buckles… Continue reading A Cowboy at Heart | Son Returns the Love to His Father with Alzheimer’s

Gina Flores
Medically Fragile Children

A Nurse Shares The Joys Of Working With Medically Fragile Children

In this story submitted to our past Caregiver Story Contest, a nurse shares what makes treating medically fragile children so rewarding.

Gina Flores

Teacher of Developmentally Disabled Adults Shares His Daily Rewards

Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Spotlight | “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Contest Story by Don H. “In today’s hectic world of stress, pressures and life’s uncertainty, it is really a comfort to know that no matter how nice or difficult a day you may have, people with developmental disabilities can set aside their own problems and give… Continue reading Teacher of Developmentally Disabled Adults Shares His Daily Rewards

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Spotlight: Life With The Ileostomy Bag

Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Spotlight “Life With The Bag” by Shari N. “It’s funny for me to write a story about myself and how I have found caregiving to be rewarding. I became a caregiver over 15 years ago. I thought I was just another woman having a baby but seven days after Jacob’s birth,… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Spotlight: Life With The Ileostomy Bag

Gina Flores

“Nice To Meet You” | A Nurse’s View On Alzheimer’s Care

Written by Tonja T., a nurse who shares her insightful view on caring for Alzheimer's patients. "I have the most fulfilling job..."

Gina Flores

A Caregiving Cat Tells All

“What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?”  by Lilly the Cat | Shield HealthCare 2011 Caregiver Story Contest “Meow!’ I mean “Hello.” Your contest rules don’t exclude furry caregivers like me so I thought I would write to tell you why caregiving for my 87 year old person is so rewarding and show that even four legged furry… Continue reading A Caregiving Cat Tells All

Gina Flores

A Beautiful Life After Spinal Cord Injury

Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Spotlight | 2011 “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Contest Story by Ema B. “My husband kissed me good-bye to visit his mother on a Sunday morning. He whispered to me, “I love you, let’s have brunch later.” I smiled and turned over to go back to sleep. Hours later, I was awakened by… Continue reading A Beautiful Life After Spinal Cord Injury

Gina Flores

How Much Do You Know About Incontinence? It’s Quiz Time!

Test Your Knowledge… True or False? Incontinence is a normal part of aging. There is no cure for incontinence. Sufferers must “learn to live with it.” 80% of people who experience urinary incontinence are women. Incontinence is a disease. Certain medications can cause incontinence as a side-effect. It is a good idea for people with… Continue reading How Much Do You Know About Incontinence? It’s Quiz Time!

Gina Flores
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare