o b

Monthly Archive: May 2012

Don’t Fry Day | A Message From The National Council On Skin Cancer Prevention

Did you know there are more than 3.5 million new cases of skin cancer diagnosed each year? Skin cancer has become a growing epidemic in America and the National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention is encouraging you to protect your skin today and every day. The National Council declares the Friday before Memorial Day, May 25,… Continue reading Don’t Fry Day | A Message From The National Council On Skin Cancer Prevention

Gina Flores

The Wings of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Contest Written by Sandi B. “I have been a professional as well as a family caregiver for the past seven years.  During this time, I have cared for my parents as well as other caregiving clients through an agency. At the present time, I am… Continue reading The Wings of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Sponsors Teen Ostomate for 2012 Summer Youth Rally Camp

A young ostomate is about to have an exciting summer camp experience at the Youth Rally, made possible by a corporate sponsorship from Shield HealthCare.

Gina Flores

Relay For Life Santa Clarita: Shield HealthCare Update

The latest exciting news about Relay For Life Santa Clarita Valley… As a corporate sponsor, Team Shield HealthCare is fully charged and ready for an inspiring day tomorrow at Central Park in Saugus, California. We invite you to come join us at the world’s biggest fight for less cancer and more birthdays. Team Shield HealthCare will be raising funds for cancer research,… Continue reading Relay For Life Santa Clarita: Shield HealthCare Update

Gina Flores

Mom Writes A Book To Educate The Community About Autism

Amber Fernbach is a dedicated mom on a mission. As a mother of two special needs children, her son’s Autism was the catalyst for her mission to educate the community about the characteristics of Autism. In her book Jenna’s Brother Has Autism, Amber highlights the need for understanding in sibling peer groups to help educate those… Continue reading Mom Writes A Book To Educate The Community About Autism

Gina Flores

Enteral Nutrition Newsletter May-June 2012

Food Allergy Awareness Week  May 13-19, 2012 Established in 1991, the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) is a trusted source of information, programs and resources related to food allergy and anaphylaxis. FAAN serves as the communication link between patients and caregivers. Its 22,000 members include nurses, dietitians, physicians, families and school staff. Approximately 15… Continue reading Enteral Nutrition Newsletter May-June 2012

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
Seattle Children's Hospital

Have You Seen It? Seattle Children’s Hospital Stronger Video

Just in case you missed it, we’d love for you to see this amazing video created at the hematology/oncology floor of Seattle Children’s Hospital. Actual patients and staff members perform the Kelly Clarkson song, “Stronger” to show their courage and determination in the fight against cancer. This fun and powerful collaboration was thanks to Chris Rumble, a 22-year-old Children’s cancer… Continue reading Have You Seen It? Seattle Children’s Hospital Stronger Video

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Supports The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life

Team Shield HealthCare has joined the world’s biggest fight for less cancer and more birthdays at the American Cancer Society Relay For Life in Santa Clarita on May 19-20, 2012 at Central Park.  This remarkable opportunity is not only to honor cancer survivors and remember people we have lost, but also to raise funds and awareness to help save… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Supports The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life

Gina Flores
Home Health Nurse

From The Heart of a Home Health Nurse: A Gift More Precious Than Gold

From The Heart of a Home Health Nurse: "As a fourth generation home health professional, you could say caregiving is in my blood. When I was a young girl...

Gina Flores

National Nurses Week 2012 | From The Heart Of A Nurse

In honor of National Nurses Week, Shield HealthCare is featuring a collection of inspirational stories from the hearts of nurses who shared their personal views on what makes caregiving rewarding in their lives. Story by Amy S., RN “I can not explain what makes caregiving rewarding to me without first sharing my background. I am a 41 year… Continue reading National Nurses Week 2012 | From The Heart Of A Nurse

Gina Flores
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare