o b

Monthly Archive: June 2012

UV Safety Month July 2012: Every Day Skin Protection

According to the American Cancer Society, the major risk factor for most skin cancers is ultraviolet (UV) radiation.  Although sunlight is the main source of UV rays that can damage the genes in your skin cells, tanning beds and lamps are also sources of UV radiation. People with high levels of exposure to light from these sources… Continue reading UV Safety Month July 2012: Every Day Skin Protection

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Customer Reviews

A very special thank you to our dedicated customers who take the time to share a thoughtful comment about their satisfaction with Shield HealthCare’s services. It’s a joy and a privilege to support the medical supply needs of the home health and caregiving communities we serve. Ruth V. shared, “My experience with your service has been outstanding. Please… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Customer Reviews

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Supports 8th Annual Texas Parent To Parent Conference

Join the Shield HealthCare Texas team at the 8th Annual Texas Parent To Parent Conference (TxP2P), June 29 and 30, 2012 at the Embassy Suites, Spa & Conference Center in San Marcos, TX. The Annual TxP2P Parent Conference is designed to educate Texas parents about how to deal with the unique challenges and issues they face… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Supports 8th Annual Texas Parent To Parent Conference

Gina Flores

Oprah’s OWN Network Seeking Caregivers of Elderly Parents To Film “A Day in the Life”

Family caregiving is a way of life for more and more Americans in today’s day and age. Caregivers are faced with the challenging task of providing financial and personal support to ailing loved ones and many are bringing them into their homes for various reasons. While caring for elderly parents is rewarding and enriching, it is emotionally,… Continue reading Oprah’s OWN Network Seeking Caregivers of Elderly Parents To Film “A Day in the Life”

Gina Flores

It’s A Flash Mob At Children’s Hospital Colorado

Courage Classic’s top teams, Wheels of Justice and Gears of Courage, flash mobbed the atrium of Children’s Hospital Colorado on April 27, 2012. This video was a promotional effort to raise much needed funds to support the patients and families that depend on the expert care at Children’s Hospital Colorado. We hope you’ll be inspired, just as… Continue reading It’s A Flash Mob At Children’s Hospital Colorado

Gina Flores

A Father Shares His Greatest Motivation: Caring for His Son with Autism

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Written by Thomas K. “I am the father of Alfonso, a 6-year-old boy who was diagnosed with autism when he was two.  I decided to stay at home to help my wife take care of Alfonso, because at the time he was still… Continue reading A Father Shares His Greatest Motivation: Caring for His Son with Autism

Gina Flores

Caring For Chelsea: A Single Dad’s Story

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by Arthur B. My name is Arthur and I am a single father of three kids. My wife passed away from breast cancer in January 2005. I have a son, age 21 and twin girls, age 16. One of my twin girls,… Continue reading Caring For Chelsea: A Single Dad’s Story

Gina Flores
Caregiver Training Courses

Family Caregiver Training Courses in Colorado

These caregiver training courses took place in 2012. But be sure to check out the site for  Boulder County Area Agency on Aging for current information. Boulder County Area Agency on Aging is offering summer training courses for family caregivers. Courses are starting soon and there’s still time for caregivers to enroll.  Caregiver courses are open to any Boulder County… Continue reading Family Caregiver Training Courses in Colorado

Gina Flores

Straight From the Heart: A Caregiving Dad to His Daughter with Special Needs Shares His Rewards

Caregiver Story Winner Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Contest Written by David L., 2003 Contest Winner “From the first moment that I wake up my disabled seven year old daughter each morning to the last moment when I finally switch off her bedroom light each night, I know my job is not only… Continue reading Straight From the Heart: A Caregiving Dad to His Daughter with Special Needs Shares His Rewards

Gina Flores
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare