o b

Monthly Archive: July 2012

Shield HealthCare Receives 2012 Service Excellence Award from Partners in Care Foundation

Shield HealthCare was honored to receive the 2012 Service Excellence Award at the Partners in Care Vendor Recognition Event on Thursday, July 19, 2012. This special recognition was presented to Shield HealthCare for consistently and reliably fulfilling the medical supply needs of Partners in Care’s communities with superior attention to patient/caregiver satisfaction. Partners in Care (Partners) is… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Receives 2012 Service Excellence Award from Partners in Care Foundation

Gina Flores

Bringing Mom and Dad Home: Rewards of Caring For Elderly Parents

Caregiver Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by Gloria V. “My husband and I are both caring for his elderly parents who now live with us. My mother-in-law has numerous health issues, including dementia, diabetes and congestive heart failure. My father-in-law has advanced Alzheimer’s. They have been with us for… Continue reading Bringing Mom and Dad Home: Rewards of Caring For Elderly Parents

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Caregiver Spotlight: Former Orphan Dedicates Her Life To Fostering & Adopting Children

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Contest Winner, 2006 Winning story by Jill R. “Watching a child realize for the first time that their lives were forever changed because of one simple act of love is the most rewarding experience I can think of. In an instant my life was forever… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Caregiver Spotlight: Former Orphan Dedicates Her Life To Fostering & Adopting Children

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Spotlight On Alzheimer’s Caregivers: A Daughter’s Story

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by Joyce L., Caregiver to her mom with Alzheimer’s disease “My name is Joyce and I am blessed to be a caregiver for my mother for the past ten years. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 1997 and most likely… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Spotlight On Alzheimer’s Caregivers: A Daughter’s Story

Gina Flores
Senior Dietary Needs

Nutrition Over 70: A Guide To Senior Dietary Needs

*Updated January 5, 2021 If you are over 70 years old, some of your dietary needs differ from other populations. Your calorie needs decrease as you get older, yet you may need more of some key nutrients. How Many Calories The amount of calories you need depends on how physically active you are. The USDA… Continue reading Nutrition Over 70: A Guide To Senior Dietary Needs

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare