o b

Monthly Archive: January 2013

unclog a g-tube

Ask the RD: How Can I Unclog a G-tube at Home?

Feeding tubes can become clogged with dried formula and/or medications if not flushed properly. Try these simple steps to unclog a G-tube at home.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS

Shakayla’s Smile Says It All – Shield HealthCare Story Contest Winner Spotlight

Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest | Winner Spotlight Story by Lawanda H., Contest Runner-up “My daughter Shakayla was born 3 months premature on January 22, 1991. She weighed only 1 pound 3 ounces. Her skin was transparent, she was hooked to multiple monitors, and her cries made no sound. She was too… Continue reading Shakayla’s Smile Says It All – Shield HealthCare Story Contest Winner Spotlight

Gina Flores

A Caregiving Superhero Shares The Rewards of Caring For His Mom With Multiple Sclerosis

Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest 2012 | Runner-up Spotlight Story by Jesse R. in Illinois, caregiver for his mom with Multiple Sclerosis “When we were children, we looked up to heroes. We wanted to become them, to do as they did because they did what was right. Then we grew up and… Continue reading A Caregiving Superhero Shares The Rewards of Caring For His Mom With Multiple Sclerosis

Gina Flores

When the Clock Stands Still: Caring for Mom with Alzheimer’s

Winning story by Evangelina G., Caregiver for her mother with Alzheimer’s disease Shield HealthCare 12th Annual “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest | Grand Prize Winner Spotlight “Hi, my name is Eva and I want to share with you a little about how fulfilling and satisfying it has been to be a full-time caregiver or as I like… Continue reading When the Clock Stands Still: Caring for Mom with Alzheimer’s

Gina Flores

Caring For A Child With Angelman Syndrome: A Mother’s Story

Shield HealthCare 12th Annual “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest | Grand Prize Winner Spotlight Story by Mysti K., Caregiver for her daughter with Angelman Syndrome “It’s four a.m. and something awakens me from my sleep. I don’t hear anything, but I have this feeling that something is not right. I sleepily walk to each of my… Continue reading Caring For A Child With Angelman Syndrome: A Mother’s Story

Gina Flores