o b

Monthly Archive: April 2013

How to Eat to Prevent Cancer

April is National Cancer Control Month. Your mission: Eat more plant foods to prevent cancer! Check out our easy-to-read table for tips.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS

Shield HealthCare Supports San Gabriel/Pomona Parents’ Place Information Fair & Festival 2013

Come join the fun with Shield HealthCare at the Parents’ Place and Family Resource Center of San Gabriel/Pomona 21st Annual Information Fair and Festival, designed for families with special needs children and young adults. Healthcare professionals are also invited to attend this fun-filled, absolutely free event. When: Sunday, April 28, 2013   Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm Where: Cortez Park … Continue reading Shield HealthCare Supports San Gabriel/Pomona Parents’ Place Information Fair & Festival 2013

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Texas Supports Easter Seals Greater Houston Walk With Me

Lions and tigers and bears…oh my!  Shield HealthCare is supporting Easter Seals Greater Houston at the Houston Zoo for their 2nd Annual Walk With Me event on Saturday, April 20, 2013!  Join us for this walk on the wild side with giraffes, elephants and more, as we stride along a 5K or shorter Family Fun Walk to raise awareness and resources… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Texas Supports Easter Seals Greater Houston Walk With Me

Gina Flores
medi-cal adult oral formula

5 Tips For Preventing Formula Contamination | Shield HealthCare Enteral Nutrition Support Program

Shield HealthCare RDs work closely with home health nurses to ensure the safety and optimal nutritional status of  tube-fed patients at home. Reduce feeding formula contamination risk by following these tips: 1. Wash your hands and all supplies. Wipe down the tops of formula containers/cans. 2. Use sterile or purified water to reconstitute powdered formulas.… Continue reading 5 Tips For Preventing Formula Contamination | Shield HealthCare Enteral Nutrition Support Program

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS

A Moment of Loving Kindness From A WOC Nurse

“I’m lost again, I can’t find the house for my next patient…I have a bad sense of direction. How did I become a home health nurse if I have a bad sense of direction? There it is. The house with Christmas decorations still up in March. This is a family interrupted by illness. Devastating illness.… Continue reading A Moment of Loving Kindness From A WOC Nurse

Gina Flores

Shield HealthCare Celebrates WOC Nurse Week 2013

It’s WOC Nurse Week April 14-20, 2013, sponsored by the WOCN® Society! Shield HealthCare invites you to recognize and discover the difference a Wound, Ostomy, Continence nurse makes in patient care. What is a WOC Nurse? WOC nurses provide acute and rehabilitative care for people with selected disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems.… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Celebrates WOC Nurse Week 2013

Gina Flores