o b

Monthly Archive: August 2013

Shield HealthCare Announces 2013 Caregiver Story Contest

Press Release  For Immediate Release  8/28/13 SHIELD HEALTHCARE ANNOUNCES 13th ANNUAL CAREGIVER STORY CONTEST Valencia, CA – Shield HealthCare, a leading provider of medical supplies for care at home, is pleased to announce its 13th annual story contest on “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” The story contest honors the challenging role of family caregivers and health… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Announces 2013 Caregiver Story Contest

Gina Flores
feeding tube accessories

How to Change Your Child’s G-Tube

You can change your child's g-tube yourself if the button is equipped with a balloon. Read this article for step-by-step instructions.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
Smiling girl with Down Syndrome

What Is Down Syndrome?

What is Down Syndrome? At the time of conception, 46 chromosomes are inherited by a baby – 23 from the mother and another 23 from the father. In approximately 1 out of 700 births, an extra copy of chromosome 21 is passed on, totaling 47 chromosomes.  This additional genetic material causes the characteristics associated with… Continue reading What Is Down Syndrome?

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Man cares for wife in wheelchair

Caring for My Wife Saved My Life: A Husband’s Story

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by Lynn P. “My name is Lynn.  I am the caregiver for my wife, Lorraine, who has PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy) and macular degeneration.  Her first symptoms of PSP were in 1999 when she was 54.  In 2003, she became wheelchair bound because of… Continue reading Caring for My Wife Saved My Life: A Husband’s Story

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

What I Learned From My Daughter: A Dedicated Mom of a Child with Special Needs Shares Her Story

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story by Marianne S., 2009 Contest Runner-up “My daughter, now 3 years old, is the most beautiful, inspiring gift I’ve ever received. Born into a family with various mental health issues, Bi-Polar, Autism Spectrum, and Schizophrenia disorders are few of the many daily concerns our… Continue reading What I Learned From My Daughter: A Dedicated Mom of a Child with Special Needs Shares Her Story

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Reduce Your Risk of Stomach Cancer

Reduce Your Risk of Stomach Cancer

Although it’s the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the world, you don’t have to stomach stomach cancer! Reduce your risk of stomach cancer.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Steps for NG tube Placement

Steps for NG tube Placement

Your child may require a nasogastric tube, or NG tube, if she can’t eat enough food by mouth. Read for steps for NG tube placement.

Tube Feeding Formula Ingredients

Tube Feeding Formula Ingredients

Ever wonder what’s in your tube feeding formula? Here’s a guide to the basic ingredients found in almost all commercially prepared enteral formulas. Carbohydrates Carbohydrate is your body’s preferred source of energy. Sources in most enteral formulas include: Corn syrup solids function as sweeteners and/or thickeners. Corn maltodextrin enhances texture and flavor.  It comes from cornstarch… Continue reading Tube Feeding Formula Ingredients

Bladder Cancer

What is Bladder Cancer? Signs, Symptoms and Treatment

Like any other organ, the bladder can be susceptible to cancer. Bladder cancer usually starts from the cells lining the bladder. Learn more.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Nutrition and Your Teeth

Take care of your teeth by being careful of what foods come into contact with your teeth. Read on to read about the link between nutrition and your teeth.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare