o b

Monthly Archive: February 2014

Rare Disease Day 2014

Recognizing Rare Disease Day

Join Together For Better Care On February 28th we recognize Rare Disease Day across the United States and around the world.  In the United States, a rare disease is defined as a disease that affects less than 200,000 people.  There are nearly 7,000 rare diseases and disorders in the U.S. Rare diseases affect approximately 30 million Americans,… Continue reading Recognizing Rare Disease Day

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Family Careigver Support: Frequently Asked Questions

Family Caregiver Resources: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

More than 90 million dedicated family caregivers in the U.S. are providing in-home care for a family member or friend who is disabled, sick or elderly. For those shouldering the role of family caregiver, resources and information can be a lifeline during a stressful time. The Family Caregiver Alliance has complied a wealth of information… Continue reading Family Caregiver Resources: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
What Shield HealthCare customers are saying...

Shield HealthCare Review | A Focus on Customer Service

A warm thank you to Addie L. for taking the time to share her thoughtful appreciation and satisfaction as a Shield HealthCare customer… “To Whom It May Concern, I must take this time to express how much I appreciate your service. I have other monthly orders that I need…BUT you are the only one that… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Review | A Focus on Customer Service

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest 2013 Runner Up Tony C.

Why I Thank God For My Special Son | Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest Winner Spotlight

Shield HealthCare 2013 “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest | Runner-up Spotlight Congratulations to Tony C. on his winning caregiving story! Tony shared his journey about embracing the gift of a son with special needs. Tony C.’s Story: “On August 16, 1997 my whole world changed. I was the happiest dad in the whole wide world. My… Continue reading Why I Thank God For My Special Son | Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest Winner Spotlight

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest 2013 Runner Up Tamara E.

A Mother’s Calling Revealed Through Her Daughter With Cerebral Palsy

Shield HealthCare 2013 “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest | Runner-up Spotlight Congratulations to Tamara E. for her winning caregiving story! Read Tamara’s story about how she found her calling through her daughter with cerebral palsy. Tamara E.’s Story: “Caregiving as a career was the furthest thing from my mind when I was in my twenties. When… Continue reading A Mother’s Calling Revealed Through Her Daughter With Cerebral Palsy

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest 2013 Winner

A Walk Down Memory Lane with a Home Health Care Aide | Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest Winner Spotlight

Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Runner Up Spotlight: Congratulations to Eva Kay L. on her winning caregiving story! Eva shared her special memories about connecting with one of her very first clients as a home health care aide. Eva Kay L.’s Story: “I stood at the door and knocked with nervous anticipation. This… Continue reading A Walk Down Memory Lane with a Home Health Care Aide | Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest Winner Spotlight

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Healthy Lunch

Healthy Lunch On-the-Go

No time for a sit-down gathering? You don’t have to miss out on healthy lunch. A little planning goes a long way! Read these tips.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
Healthy Lunches

Healthy Lunches that Give You Energy

Avoid a post-lunch slump by lunching on healthy foods that give you the nutrients you need to stay energized through the afternoon. Find recipes here.

National Nutrition Month® 2014

March is National Nutrition Month®! Why do you choose the foods you eat? If you’re like most people, taste wins out over health, social and emotional factors. This March and all year long, “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right,” and you’ll fit right in with this year’s theme. Good-tasting And Good For You: The days… Continue reading National Nutrition Month® 2014

Colorectal Cancer

March is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

In February 2000, March was officially declared National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. This March, Shield HealthCare is supporting the cause.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare