o b

Monthly Archive: March 2014

Affordable Care Act Breastfeeding

Affordable Care Act Information | Breastfeeding Benefits

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) expanded coverage of preventive services for women, including pregnant and breastfeeding women.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Shield HealthCare Celebrates National Autism Awareness Month 2014

National Autism Awareness Month | April 2014

Shield HealthCare Celebrates National Autism Awareness Month Each April, we celebrate National Autism Awareness Month. National Autism Awareness Month gives us the opportunity – along with the American autism community and more than 100 organizations nationwide – to help educate the public about autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Autism currently affects more than 1.5 million people in the United States.… Continue reading National Autism Awareness Month | April 2014

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Light It Up Blue

Light It Up Blue for Autism Awareness

Each April 2nd, World Autism Awareness Day is celebrated around the world. Learn more about the Light It Up Blue initiative!

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Shield HealthCare celebrates National Doctors Day

Shield HealthCare Recognizes National Doctor’s Day

Celebrating The Contributions Of Our Nation’s Physicians March 30th is National Doctor’s Day in the United States. On National Doctor’s Day, Shield HealthCare is proud to recognize and celebrate the many contributions of our nation’s physicians. We all benefit from the physicians who touch our lives, whether by choice or by necessity. Physicians are responsible for… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Recognizes National Doctor’s Day

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Respite care for family caregivers

Caregiving Help: 8 Respite Care Options for Family Caregivers

Family caregivers understand how stressful and tiring caregiving can sometimes be. Respite care – from small breaks to all-day care – can provide much-needed opportunities for caregiver relief and rejuvenation. Respite care options range from casual, informal agreements with friends and neighbors to in-home professional services or day services at a facility. Caring.com explains the… Continue reading Caregiving Help: 8 Respite Care Options for Family Caregivers

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Joanne - Caregiver for Betsy

Inspired By a Teacher with Dementia | A Professional Caregiver Shares her Story

Caregiver Story Spotlight | 2013 Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story shared by Joanne H… “I didn’t start out as a family caregiver or a home health professional. I was hired because I enjoy being with the elderly, love to cook, have lots of patience and am handy around the house. I started caring… Continue reading Inspired By a Teacher with Dementia | A Professional Caregiver Shares her Story

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Certified Nurses Day 2014

Shield HealthCare Celebrates Certified Nursing Day 2014

What is Certified Nurses Day? Today is Certified Nurses Day! On March 19th, we honor and recognize Certified Nurses’ commitment to excellence and the important achievements of Certified Nurses nationwide. Nurses who pursue national certification must meet and exceed nationally recognized standards of proficiency, expertise, knowledge and professionalism. Their commitment to ongoing education maintains their… Continue reading Shield HealthCare Celebrates Certified Nursing Day 2014

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Healthy Foods

Healthy Foods and Nutrients You Probably Need More Of

Make sure you get more healthy foods and nutrients by incorporating recommendations from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
Portrait of twin boys with autism

Being a Caregiver is Equal to Love: A Mother’s Story About Caring for Twin Sons with Autism

Caregiver Story Spotlight | Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest Story shared by Samantha R… “It seems like yesterday, but 12 years ago I gave birth to beautiful healthy twin boys. Every toe was in place and all fingers were accounted for. I was a first time mother with a lot of responsibility but little… Continue reading Being a Caregiver is Equal to Love: A Mother’s Story About Caring for Twin Sons with Autism

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Shield HealthCare Caregiver Story Contest Winner Amanda M.

Unconditional Love Through The Eyes Of A Nurse

Shield HealthCare “What Makes Caregiving Rewarding?” Story Contest 2013 Runner Up Spotlight: “I have been a nurse for about 17 years. Deep in my heart I always knew I wanted to be nurturing and helpful to others who needed me. I had no idea where this career would take me. I never did it for the money, although… Continue reading Unconditional Love Through The Eyes Of A Nurse

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Next Page »