o b

Monthly Archive: September 2017

Finding a Doctor in Merced

Why Finding a Doctor in Merced Will Get Worse Before It Gets Better for Most People

In this article from the MERCED SUN-STAR, learn about the healthcare provider crisis happening in Central California and how it's affecting residents.

Aimee Sharp
Poor Oral Health

The Link Between Poor Oral Health and Other Diseases

Recently, oral hygiene has come into the spotlight because many of the ailments associated with poor oral health can be linked to other chronic diseases.

Dr. Kristy Taylor
Management of Indwelling Urinary Catheters

How to Insert and Secure an Indwelling Urinary Catheter

Management of indwelling urinary catheters is important for the health of the patient. Read this article for best practices for insertion and securement.

Aimee Sharp
Ostomy Surgery for Men

Video: Ostomy Surgery for Men

Because ostomy surgery takes place very close to the prostate, ostomy surgery for men means different considerations than for women. Learn more.

Aimee Sharp
Changes Coming for Home Health Agencies in 2018

Big Changes Coming for Home Health Agencies in 2018 & 2019

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have announced proposed payment changes for Medicare HHAs that would affect them in calendar year 2018-19...

Jacob Roberts
Graham-Cassidy bill

GOP Leaders Pump More Money Into Graham-Cassidy Bill

Republican leaders are adding money to their staggering effort to repeal the ACA and still planning to hold a vote on the Graham-Cassidy bill this week...

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Children with Different Abilities

A Delicate Balance: Parenting Children with Different Abilities

Parenting children with different abilities is hard. As a father to a child with special needs and one with typical needs, I'm learning to strike a balance.

John R. Collen, PA-C
NCQA Releases 2018 Standards and Guidelines

Health Plan Accreditation Update: NCQA Releases 2018 Standards and Guidelines

The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has updated the health plan accreditation (HPA) guidelines for 2018. The 2018 HPA guidelines are effective for surveys starting on July 1, 2018. The finalized updates are detailed below. 1.   NCQA Creates a NEW Population Health Management (PHM) standards category What it means According to the NCQA, “The PHM… Continue reading Health Plan Accreditation Update: NCQA Releases 2018 Standards and Guidelines

Samantha Brown

Access Unlimited – Making The Great Outdoors Accessible

I closed my eyes for a moment to listen. Sitting there under a pillow-filled sky in Montana, a subtle ripple of the Madison River softly whispered to me. I could hear a bald eagle cry out in the distance and the joyous laughter of friends floating in rowboats surround me. Suddenly my serenity was interrupted… Continue reading Access Unlimited – Making The Great Outdoors Accessible

Aaron Baker
warning signs of caregiver depression

Warning Signs of Caregiver Depression

Caregivers are more likely to develop feelings of anger, loneliness or sadness. These feelings are warning signs of caregiver depression.

Taylor Snell
Next Page »