o b

Monthly Archive: December 2017

Safety Net Hospitals

Texas, Feds Agree to Renew Medicaid Funds for Safety Net Hospitals

By Emily Ramshaw for The Texas Tribune With a Republican in the White House, top Texas leaders have reached an agreement with the federal government to keep Medicaid money flowing into Texas to help hospitals treat uninsured patients. The agreement with the Trump administration extends the life of the so-called “1115 waiver” — a program that safety-net hospitals have relied… Continue reading Texas, Feds Agree to Renew Medicaid Funds for Safety Net Hospitals

Aimee Sharp
benefits of breast milk

Benefits of Breast Milk: How Does Breastfeeding Protect My Infant?

Human breast milk contains a fine balance of antibodies, proteins, fat, and carbohydrates, working together to nourish and protect.

Sarah Sanchez, NDTR
Ostomy hacks

Featured OstomyLife Community Members Wanted

Our OstomyLife community has been growing rapidly! We want to get to know our amazing community members! Send us your story so we can share your stories!

Laura Cox, LPC
UTIs in Patients with Spinal Cord Injury

Doctor Re-Examines Evidence on UTIs in Patients with Spinal Cord Injury

UTIs in patients with Spinal Cord Injury can be common. This doctor provides evidence that reusing catheters can increase the risk.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
the birds and the bees

The Birds and the Bees for Children with Special Needs

Down syndrome and cognitive impairments make the birds and the bees more difficult. Addressing the issue in early childhood has made all the difference.

Alethea Mshar
CCS Enteral Nutrition Form

Video: 7 Important Steps for Filling out the CCS Enteral Nutrition Form

In this video, we'll walk you through the seven most important steps to ensure that the CCS Enteral Nutrition Form is completed properly.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
special needs parent

Dear Santa: Letter from a Parent of a Child with Special Needs

All those ads for cars and jewelry! Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn't mind them, but as a special needs parent, so much is more important to me this Christmas.

Alethea Mshar
10 Tips for Traveling with Seniors

10 Tips for Traveling with Seniors

Traveling is taxing on anybody regardless of their age. Here are some helpful tips for traveling with a senior.

Taylor Snell
Ileoscopy Experience

Ileoscopy | Experience

At some point in an ostomate's life, they will probably need to get a scope procedure. Since a colonoscopy is no longer an option, we get an ileoscopy.

Laura Cox, LPC
Bladder Tools

Assistive Technology: Bladder Tools

In a previous blog, I wrote about what I personally use to manage my neurogenic bladder. In this entry, though, I will share objective information and tools that may help when searching for your ideal bladder-care product. Finding the right catheter is a process worth investing in for your long-term health. It involves your doctors… Continue reading Assistive Technology: Bladder Tools

Aaron Baker
Next Page »