o b

Monthly Archive: March 2018

special needs parenting

Parenting Children with Special Needs: The Ups and Downs of Advocacy

Nobody and nothing prepares you for all the aspects of special needs parenting. Regardless of how well prepared I feel, I get caught with my pants down.

Alethea Mshar
Breastfeeding Good

Is Breastfeeding Good for Mom’s Heart?

In this article, originally published by ABC News, learn the answer to the question: is breastfeeding good for mitigating heart disease in women?

Aimee Sharp
Receiving Care

Caregiver Contest Finalist Bud: From the Perspective of Someone Receiving Care

Bud M. is from California, and was one of forty finalists chosen out of the over 1,000 entries to our “What Advice Would You Give to a Fellow Caregiver?” Contest. You can find our grand prize and runner up winners here. What advice would you give a fellow caregiver? At the young age of eighteen,… Continue reading Caregiver Contest Finalist Bud: From the Perspective of Someone Receiving Care

Aimee Sharp
sensory friendly

Chasing the Sensory Friendly Easter Bunny

Sensory friendly experiences create an inclusive environment for all children. Here's how your child can enjoy a trip to visit the Easter Bunny.

Jamie Sumner
Familial Adenomatous Polyposis

Living with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis

At 10, Caroline was diagnosed with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP). In this interview, she writes about her surgery, recovery and daily life.

Aimee Sharp
special needs son

Preparing My Son with Special Needs to Be His Own Advocate

I've been advocating for my special needs son his entire life. But when he starts Kindergarten next year, he'll need to learn to be his own advocate.

Jamie Sumner
Caregiver Depression and Stress

Recorded Webinar: Coping with Caregiver Depression and Stress

Watch this recorded webinar - Caring for a loved one strains even the most resilient people. Learn techniques for coping with caregiver depression & stress.

Danny Nguyen
diet and nutrition for irritable bowel syndrome

Diet and Nutrition for Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Your diet plays a major role in alleviating symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Eating more fiber and avoiding gluten can help.

Taylor Snell
how to clean enfit extension sets

How to Clean ENFit Extension Sets

So you now use ENFit extension sets to prevent potentially harmful tubing misconnections. Here's how to clean ENFit extension sets.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
world down syndrome day

World Down Syndrome Day: Raising Awareness of the Inclusive Community

World Down syndrome Day helps raise awareness of the fact that individuals with Down syndrome are valuable members of communities all over the globe.

Alethea Mshar
Next Page »