o b

Monthly Archive: May 2018

Dressing with an Ostomy

Ostomy Hacks: Dressing with an Ostomy

Our OstomyLife co-moderator Kelsey Scarborough shows you her favorite hacks for dressing with an ostomy - with photos! - in this article.

Kelsey Scarborough
cerebral palsy

Renovating Our Home and Our Lives for Cerebral Palsy

Until we began to carve out our home to make it accessible to our son with cerebral palsy, I did not know I could plan his path to freedom.

Jamie Sumner
spinal cord injury

New Spinal Cord Injury Best Advice: Pave Your Own Path

If your journey through life with a spinal cord injury is just beginning, you’ve got a lot on your plate. My one piece of advice to a newly injured person is to cultivate the courage to pave your own path to recovery and live the life you want.

Arash Bayatmakou
Resource Guide

Caregiver Contest Finalist Charmane: Create Your Own Resource Guide

Charmane H. is from Illinois, and was one of forty finalists chosen out of the over 1,000 entries to our “What Advice Would You Give to a Fellow Caregiver?” Contest. You can find our grand prize and runner up winners here. What advice would you give a fellow caregiver? My advice to caregivers would be to… Continue reading Caregiver Contest Finalist Charmane: Create Your Own Resource Guide

Aimee Sharp
Onsite Career Fair

Hiring Customer Service Agents in Carrollton, TX

Are you looking for a new career opportunity? You’re in luck – we’re hiring! We are actively seeking qualified candidates for several Customer Service Agent positions in our Carrollton, TX office. Apply today!

Danny Nguyen
Fresh Attitude Week

Chicago Public Schools Celebrates Fresh Attitude Week

By Editor of Lawndale News Chicago Public Schools (CPS), a member of the Urban School Food Alliance, celebrated Fresh Attitude Week from May 7th through 11th. During the week, CPS hosted local chefs to do food demonstrations as well as plant gardens. In collaboration with the French Department of Agriculture and in partnership with Interfel… Continue reading Chicago Public Schools Celebrates Fresh Attitude Week

Aimee Sharp
Safe at Home

Aging in Place: Strategies for Staying Safe at Home Recorded Webinar

Watch this recorded webinar. With a growing number of older adults aging in place, it’s increasingly important to make sure that the home is safe.

Danny Nguyen
Mental Health Clinic

Nonprofit Opens New Mental Health Clinic For Struggling Veterans

Nonprofit Opens New Mental Health Clinic For Struggling Veterans – By Rick Sallinger & Kelly Werthmann for CBS Denver The Cohen Veterans Network opened the brand new clinic in Greenwood Village at 7800 E. Orchard Road. It is being run in conjunction with the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The foundation was founded by billionaire Stephen A. Cohen. Cohen’s son was… Continue reading Nonprofit Opens New Mental Health Clinic For Struggling Veterans

Aimee Sharp
disability

How Having a Child with Disability Fosters Empathy

People seem to see my child’s disability first, him as a human being second. I have a desire to engender understanding on behalf of my child.

Alethea Mshar
Dell Children’s Medical Center

Dell Children’s Medical Center Unveils New Mental Health Unit, Citing Increasing Need for Children’s Psychiatric Care

Dell Children’s Medical Center unveils new mental health unit, citing increasing need for children’s psychiatric care – By Emma Whalen for Community Impact Newspaper Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas celebrated the opening Thursday morning of its new mental health unit focused on addressing rising concerns around children’s mental health. Dr. Sonia Krishna, a child and adolescent psychiatrist… Continue reading Dell Children’s Medical Center Unveils New Mental Health Unit, Citing Increasing Need for Children’s Psychiatric Care

Aimee Sharp
Next Page »

Serving Medicare Ostomates Nationwide
For the past few months, I've found my stool has been pasty and sticky. Please tell me what to do to prevent ostomy "pancaking" from sticky stool.
Troy
The first thing I would suggest is to make sure you're drinking enough fluids throughout the day.

Drinking fluids will help make stool less sticky ...