o b

Monthly Archive: August 2018

Fear of the Unknown

Overcoming Fear of the Unknown – Life and Work After Spinal Cord Injury

In this article by one of spinal cord injury survivor authors, Sam Morris discusses the fear of the unknown that paralyzed him after his accident.

Sam Morris
Personas famosas con ostomías

Personas famosas con ostomías

Si tienes una ostomía, ¡estás en buena compañía! Aquí hay algunas personas famosas que te pueden sorprender porque han tenido una ostomía: *Imagen a continuación del video en YouTube de Dartmouth-Hitchcock acerca de Rolf Benirschke. Al Geiberger Al Geiberger es un exgolfista profesional que ganó 11 torneos en la gira de la PGA, y uno de ellos fue… Continue reading Personas famosas con ostomías

Aimee Sharp
autonomic dysreflexia

Autonomic Dysreflexia: A Dangerous Secondary Complication of Spinal Cord Injury

Autonomic Dysreflexia is a dangerous complication of SCI. Make sure you know what triggers it for you, how to prevent it and what to do when it happens.

Aaron Baker
special needs child

How to Talk to Your Special Needs Child about Catastrophic Events

Depending on the age and disability of your special need child, you may have to limit what you share about catastrophic events.

Dr. Liz Matheis
magic eight ball

Weaning Myself off the Magic Eight Ball

As a special needs parent, I’ve had to train myself to put down that Magic Eight Ball. I’ve had to stop asking all the “what-ifs” over and over again.

Jamie Sumner
New Mom

Caregiver Contest Finalist Hazel: I Have Loved a New Mom

Hazel A. is from California, and was one of forty finalists chosen out of the over 1,000 entries to our “What Advice Would You Give to a Fellow Caregiver?” Contest. You can find our grand prize and runner up winners here. What advice would you give a fellow caregiver? Sitting with my sweet mama. She is… Continue reading Caregiver Contest Finalist Hazel: I Have Loved a New Mom

Aimee Sharp
special needs

How to Talk to Siblings of Children with Special Needs

My daughter is the only non-disabled child in our family. Her needs may be different from that of her special needs siblings, but they are still very real.

Alethea Mshar
How To Tube Feed

Tube Feeding: How-To’s

If you're looking for information about how to tube feed, this is the spot - whether you're new to tube feeding, or you've had your feeding tube for years.

Aimee Sharp

Wheelchair-Accessible Adventures in Big Sky, Montana

For the wheelchair user daunted by challenges in accessing natural sights, rest assured that there are plenty of accessible options to explore in Big Sky.

Arash Bayatmakou
salt intake

Sodium and Health: How to Manage your Salt Intake

Sodium acts like a sponge, causing the body to retain fluid and increasing blood volume. Reducing your salt intake can add up to health benefits.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare