o b

Monthly Archive: March 2019

Pull-ups Vs. Briefs

Pull-ups Vs. Briefs

We recently had a comment on our site asking what the difference was between adult pull-ups and adult briefs (AKA diapers). So let’s dive into the question to help everyone have a better understanding of what each product offers. Read on to learn more about pull-ups vs. briefs! To quote from our Products for Incontinence… Continue reading Pull-ups Vs. Briefs

Aimee Sharp
Communication Device

The Best Freebie I Ever Received – An Accessory for My Son’s Communication Device

I own approximately two and a half things from Lululemon. The half is a scarf/wrap/shawl that I never know how to wear, but bought because it was seventy percent off and how could I not? The rest of the time I am a card-carrying member of Target, because you should always have the option of… Continue reading The Best Freebie I Ever Received – An Accessory for My Son’s Communication Device

Jamie Sumner
Mobility in the Home

Design Within Reach – Mobility in the Home

Hello! I’m Katelyn Baker, wife to Aaron, and as I have previously written about, I am a “connoisseur of all things home decor.” When I moved in to Aaron’s home, I soon found out that FUNCTION led the design and placement of all things in the house. However, as a regular subscriber to Architectural Digest,… Continue reading Design Within Reach – Mobility in the Home

Katelyn Devine Baker
Inspiration and Support

Inspiration and Support – Living with a Spinal Cord Injury

We hope you're able to find inspiration and support from these articles written by Aaron Baker and others in our Spinal Cord Injury Community

Aaron Baker
Humor

Caregiver Contest Runner Up Jayne: Humor, Dignity and Patience

Jayne H. is from La Mesa, CA. Jayne provided the following biography: “My husband, Marty, was from Australia. I met him in Alaska. He was a surveyor and machinist & worked for the Alyeska Pipeline. We moved to Long Beach, CA for six years, and then to San Diego, the best place on earth. Our… Continue reading Caregiver Contest Runner Up Jayne: Humor, Dignity and Patience

Aimee Sharp
Caregiver Contest Judges

Meet the Judges for Shield HealthCare’s 2018/2019 Caregiver Contest

We were so lucky to have a wonderfully diverse group to judge our Caregiver Contest this year! We thanked all our judges by making a monetary donation to a charity of their choice — you can read about the judges and the charities they picked below. Margarita Bermudez, MSW, serves as the Manager of Professional… Continue reading Meet the Judges for Shield HealthCare’s 2018/2019 Caregiver Contest

Aimee Sharp
Essential Oils

Research, Experts and Essential Oils

I’m a crunchy mama. I make almost all of our meals from scratch, as much as possible from out own chemical-free garden, and I have lavender essential oil on hand at any given moment. I am a smoothie connoisseur, flax seed makes me happy, I take supplements, and prescriptions, side by side. I’m an experienced… Continue reading Research, Experts and Essential Oils

Alethea Mshar
pañales para adultos

Video: Cómo cambiar los pañales para adultos – Consejos para cuidadores

En este video, les mostramos a los médicos cómo cambiar los pañales para adultos en otra persona.

Aimee Sharp
Adjust to Change

4 Ways to Help Kids with Special Needs Adjust to Change

Change, change, it’s the season for change! Well, change is inevitable at any time of the year and in any phase of our life. If you have children, double the amount of change! Our year is filled with them – September, the holidays, winter break, the return to school in January, spring break, returning after… Continue reading 4 Ways to Help Kids with Special Needs Adjust to Change

Dr. Liz Matheis
grocery store

The Grocery Store Tradition I Am Sad to Lose

Before I had kids, I loved going to the grocery store. I would get a frothy drink at the Starbuck’s and roll down the aisles at my leisure. I never carried a grocery list. I’d throw in some goat cheese, a baguette, hummus, peanut butter, bananas…maybe a pint of ice cream or two. None of… Continue reading The Grocery Store Tradition I Am Sad to Lose

Jamie Sumner
Next Page »