o b

Monthly Archive: April 2019

Fights Diabetes

Viola Davis Fights Diabetes With ‘A Touch of Sugar’

Viola Davis, 53 (Fences, How to Get Away with Murder), has an Oscar, an Emmy, a Tony, a Golden Globe — and, as she was shocked to discover, prediabetes.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Dormir con una ostomía

Dormir con una ostomía, un video

Laura nos lleva a través de diferentes posiciones para dormir con una ostomía. ¡Ella habla sobre la reducción del dolor y muchos otros consejos útiles!

Aimee Sharp

Reducing the Stigma of Incontinence

Although millions of adults live with incontinence, many don't discuss it. But there are a number of ways to overcome the stigma of incontinence.

Stephanie Struyck Elgin
Enteralite Infinity

Sonda de alimentación: Alimentación mediante la bomba Enteralite Infinity

Si usted no está en condiciones de satisfacer sus necesidades nutricionales alimentándose por boca, la sonda de alimentación le brinda una forma de obtener los nutrientes esenciales que necesita. Es posible que su médico le haya prescripto este método de alimentación para suministrar fórmula y agua a su estómago a través de una sonda de… Continue reading Sonda de alimentación: Alimentación mediante la bomba Enteralite Infinity

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS

You Are NOT Alone – Parents of Children with Special Needs Suffering from PTSD

Parenting a child with special needs is a tough job. Take the time to check in with yourself and take comfort in knowing you are not alone in this journey.

Dr. Liz Matheis
Swim Lessons

Here’s Why My Kids Haven’t Had Swim Lessons Yet

Most days, the viewing area of my twins’ gymnastic’s class is fairly tame. The parents sit, work, chat, drink coffee, and enjoy the fact that for forty-five minutes our children are being tired out by a responsible adult who is not us. Recently, however, I walked into a different scene. Five minutes into the session,… Continue reading Here’s Why My Kids Haven’t Had Swim Lessons Yet

Jamie Sumner
self-cath

Navigating Childhood and Learning How to Self-Cath

If your child requires self-catheterization at school and is developmentally ready, it can be helpful for him or her to begin learning at an early age, possibly even as early as kindergarten.

Sarah Sanchez, NDTR
Sleep

When Sleep Is Elusive

My first child, who is developmentally typical, slept eight hours at a stretch by the time she was a month old. Having achieved sleep guru status, I declared myself “Supermom,” and assumed that I could solve the problems of every parent and every child for whom sleep didn’t occur so readily. Fast-forward twenty years and… Continue reading When Sleep Is Elusive

Alethea Mshar
diabetes and amputation

What to Know About Diabetes and Amputation

People with diabetes are prone to nerve damage and circulation issues. In some cases, this can make a foot or lower leg amputation necessary. However, effective treatment can usually prevent this complication. Reduced blood flow to the feet means that people with diabetes have a higher risk of developing a wound or sore on this… Continue reading What to Know About Diabetes and Amputation

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Accidents Happen

Accidents Happen

Preparing for an Incontinence Episode For the most part, the human body is a wonder of nature, a miraculous marvel of bio-mechanical intelligence. But it can also sometimes create an utter catastrophe of unintended dysfunction. One of the most private natural functions of the body is eliminating waste. This normal act can easily become one… Continue reading Accidents Happen

Aaron Baker
Next Page »