o b

Monthly Archive: July 2019

I Was Asked to Leave My Son’s Hospital Room

Sometimes the best thing to do is to get out of your own way. You’re not jumping ship, you are simply making space for the right people at the right time.

Jamie Sumner
Bio-inspired wound dressing

Time Heals All Wounds, But This Adhesive Can Help

Unlike gauze-and-tape bandaids, AADs take their inspiration from developing embryos - whose skin is able to heal itself completely, without forming scar tissue.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

The Double-Edged Sword of Independence and Safety

Independence is a double-edged sword. Of course, we want our children to grow into independence, but, with a child who has intellectual disabilities, it can backfire.

Alethea Mshar
Strategies for Aging Safely at Home Guide

Introducing Our Free Strategies for Aging Safely at Home Guide

We are pleased to announce our Strategies for Aging Safely at Home guide. This guide is meant to provide tips to keep individuals healthy and safe at home.

Danny Nguyen
Adult Tube Feeding Guide

Introducing Our Free Adult Tube Feeding Guide

We are pleased to offer our new "Adult Tube Feeding Guide" for free. This guide provides comprehensive information about adult tube feeding.

Danny Nguyen
Tipos de catéteres

Tipos de catéteres: catéteres 101

¿Es usted nuevo en el uso de catéteres o conoce a alguien que lo sea? El concepto de cateterismo puede parecer extraño al principio, pero no tardará mucho en convertirse en una parte muy normal de su vida cotidiana.

Sarah McIlvaine
20 Years with SCI

20 Years With SCI: A Long Road…

What a ride it has been… Looking back at the past twenty years, it is hard for me to wrap my head around the story of my life after injury:  the many epic adventures, the deep struggles, the immense love and the darkest days. The achievements and the painful lessons all while managing the exhausting,… Continue reading 20 Years With SCI: A Long Road…

Aaron Baker

Transitioning into Summer Time with Children with Special Needs

For kids with special needs, summer time represents transition, good or bad they are hard to handle. Learn 3 strategies to ease into your new summer routine.

Dr. Liz Matheis
skin barrier

Key Ostomy Products You Should Know About

Ostomy product technology has improved significantly in the last decade. With many available options, here are some highlights about key product types.

Laura Cox, LPC
race

He Raced Without Me and We Both Found Freedom

Events just don’t happen without us. At the same time, we all wish and pray and work towards independence for our children.

Jamie Sumner
Next Page »