o b

Monthly Archive: December 2019

CareGiving Tuesday Legal Planning

(Care)Giving Tuesday Episode 7: Legal Planning for Long Term Care

Preparing for the long term care and health care needs for your loved ones can encompass many things, but where do you start? Learn more in episode 7.

Stephanie Struyck Elgin
Yoga Made Me a Better Parent 900x600

How Yoga Has Made Me a Better Parent

Not only has yoga helped this mom with back pain, it has helped her become a better parent. Learning to calm her mind in moments of vulnerability is making her stronger then before.

Jamie Sumner

(Care)Giving Tuesday Episode 6: How to Reduce Caregiver Guilt

This ten-part Caregiver Education Video Series was created by Alzheimer’s Los Angeles. For more information, visit AlzheimersLA.org Caregiving can be a rewarding but demanding way of life. Juggling your responsibilities and dividing your time between so many major responsibilities can be draining. How do you manage feeling guilty when your best doesn’t feel good enough?… Continue reading (Care)Giving Tuesday Episode 6: How to Reduce Caregiver Guilt

Stephanie Struyck Elgin
Dear Grandparents, We need You

Dear Grandparents, We Need You

Parents of children with special needs speak up about the support they need from grandparents...even when it seems counterintuitive.

Alethea Mshar
GERD in infants and children

Complicaciones de la alimentación por sonda: ¿Qué hago cuando mi hijo vomita?

El vómito puede ser una de las muchas complicaciones de la alimentación por sonda. Aprenda por qué puede estar sucediendo, qué puede hacer para mitigarlo y encuentre consejos sobre cuándo buscar ayuda.

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS
Our Sensory Friendly Holiday Tradition

A New Holiday Tradition: Visiting a Sensory-friendly Santa

For Charlie, visiting Santa was a tall order considering the noisy crowds and long wait time. That's until they discovered the sensory-friendly Santa.

Jamie Sumner
caregiving bathing episode 5

(Care)Giving Tuesday Episode 5: Challenge to Maintain Good Hygiene

How can caregivers make maintaining good hygeine for their loved ones less stressful? Learn more in the fifth episode from Alzheimer's Los Angeles.

Stephanie Struyck Elgin
What is Re-Evaluation and Does My Child Need One?

What is Re-Evaluation and Does My Child Need One?

What happens after your child is evaluated and their IEP is established? Learn what re-evaluation is, why it's valuable and when to have it done.

Dr. Liz Matheis
We'll be Home for Christmas

Why Our Family Opts to Stay Home for the Holidays

When it comes to celebrating the holidays, my children deserve a safe, fun, and relaxed season, and that means home sweet home.

Alethea Mshar
Anger Frustration Fighting

(Care)Giving Tuesday Episode 4: Anger, Frustration and Fighting

People with Alzheimer's can easily get confused and frustrated, causing them to yell and hit, but there are caregiver tips that can help keep everyone safe.

Stephanie Struyck Elgin
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare