o b

Monthly Archive: May 2020

Mental Health During Quarantine

Staying Active & Connected It has been 5,218 days of quarantine and I do not know about you… but I find myself struggling at times with days that turn into weeks, and a routine which can become uneventful. Let’s face it – when we were dealt the hand of “spinal cord injury” we all lived… Continue reading Mental Health During Quarantine

Aaron Baker

“Some Good News” and Other Messages of Hope We Need to Celebrate

It will never stop being important to celebrate each moment of recovery we experience during this pandemic. When the good news starts rolling in, and it will, we owe it to ourselves to stop and commemorate it.

Jamie Sumner
how to safely clean your car

How to Safely Clean Your Car Interior to Remove COVID-19

Cars can feel like a protective bubble. But as a gateway between "safe" and "not safe" spaces, they should be cleaned often to prevent COVID-19 transmission.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
IEP Meeting

5 Survival Tips for the End-of-Year IEP Meeting

You can’t “mess up” an IEP meeting. Whether you leave feeling fully satisfied in the outcome or not, remember, this is an ongoing discussion.

Jamie Sumner

My Son is Vulnerable to COVID-19, and I Need Help To Keep Him Safe

Yesterday morning I got a call from my son’s Endocrinologist’s office. The blood work that I had postponed due to stay at home orders nearly a month ago still hasn’t been done, and with the recent changes in his thyroid medication, the blood tests are necessary follow up. I spent the day making phone calls… Continue reading My Son is Vulnerable to COVID-19, and I Need Help To Keep Him Safe

Alethea Mshar
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare