o b

Monthly Archive: June 2020

gardening with my kids

COVID-19 Means I’m Gardening With My Kids

COVID-19 Means I'm Gardening With My Kids, and I Love It. Rather than my respite, this year the garden is a family affair.

Alethea Mshar
4th of July safety

Avoid Hidden Dangers: 4th of July Safety Tips

Content modified from the American Red Cross | June 26, 2020 The Fourth of July is a time when people typically gather together to enjoy warm summer weather, along with backyard barbecues, fireworks, or fun near the water. This year, our Independence Day celebrations may be different due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Many individuals… Continue reading Avoid Hidden Dangers: 4th of July Safety Tips

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Quarantine

Quarantine is Ending. How Do You Safely Re-enter the World?

It’s important to have family rules when it comes to ending quarantine and re-integrating safely back into society. Here are a few things to consider...

Jamie Sumner
RESILIENCE COVID-19

Using Our Developed Resilience to Cope with COVID-19

Coronavirus has forced many to change plans this year. We’re thankful for our resilience to COVID-19 and the ability to protect our family.

Alethea Mshar
anxious child

Practical Ways to Help Your Child Combat Anxious Feelings

Living with an anxious child can leave a parent feeling the urgent need to ‘make it better.’ Here are eight strategies to ease your child's anxiety.

Dr. Liz Matheis
bond with your baby while tube feeding

Four Strategies to Bond with Your Baby While Tube Feeding

Even though you may not be able to feed your child as you planned, you can still comfort and bond with your baby while tube feeding.

Shield HealthCare Nutrition Team
spike in new coronavirus cases as U.S. reopening accelerates

Record spike in new coronavirus cases reported in six U.S. states as reopening accelerates

New coronavirus infections hit record highs in six U.S. states on Tuesday, June 16, marking a rising tide of cases as states moved forward with reopening.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
how to empty your emotional backpack

How to Empty Your Emotional Backpack after COVID-19

We all carry an emotional backpack that holds our memories and life experiences...After this worldwide epidemic, we will have some sorting to do.

Jamie Sumner

What Do You Mean By Diet Change?

To a parent of a child with autism, the news of a needed diet change may sound like a daunting task. Learn how this mom dealt with such unexpected news.

Alethea Mshar

How to Re-Think Summer when Special Needs Programs are Limited

My son, Charlie, attended the best camp of his life last year. He is eight and has cerebral palsy. Because he uses a wheelchair and also a communication device, I was hesitant to even look into summer camp. But he loves public school and being around friends and so I knew summer would be a… Continue reading How to Re-Think Summer when Special Needs Programs are Limited

Jamie Sumner