o b

Monthly Archive: November 2020

COVID exposure

Three Days to Notify Me of My Son’s COVID Exposure is Too Long

The health department did not call until three days after Charlie’s teacher’s initial diagnosis. That is 72 hours of his COVID exposure.

Jamie Sumner
Nurses Feeling the Strain of the Pandemic

For Nurses Feeling the Strain of the Pandemic, Virus Resurgence Is Paralyzing

A study published this fall found that 64% of clinicians working as RNs screened positively for acute distress, 53% for depressive symptoms and 40% for anxiety.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
covid smell loss

Mysteries of COVID Smell Loss Finally Yield Some Answers

An estimated 80 percent of people with COVID-19 have smell loss. It is so common that some researchers have recommended its use as a diagnostic test.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
how to cook a turkey

How to Safely Thaw and Cook Your Holiday Turkey

Handling turkey and chicken incorrectly – as well as undercooking it – are the most common reasons for food poisoning linked to poultry. Food poisoning can be particularly dangerous for infants and young children, the elderly, those with chronic health conditions, people who are pregnant, and people with a weak immune system – including those… Continue reading How to Safely Thaw and Cook Your Holiday Turkey

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
staying home for the holidays

We’ll Be Staying Home For the Holidays

We’re staying home for the holidays...It’s not the first time we’ve made that choice, but instead of doing it because we’re sick, we’re doing it to stay healthy.

Alethea Mshar
kegel exercises to stop the leaks

Kegel Exercises to Stop Urine Leaks

You know that feeling when you get home, put the key in the door, and you get that sudden urge to urinate? You squeeze, tell yourself to hold it, cross your legs tightly, run to the toilet and _____. You fill in the blank. This phenomenon is commonly referred to as “The Key in the… Continue reading Kegel Exercises to Stop Urine Leaks

Anita Prinz, RN, MSN, CWOCN, WCC
celebrate safely

An Unconventional Holiday Season

Celebrate Safely With the holidays fast approaching and COVID-19 seeming to make a second surge, our days of celebrating may look a little different this year than in years past. As someone living with a compromised immune system due to spinal cord injury, I have always been hyper-aware of my surroundings – what I’m touching,… Continue reading An Unconventional Holiday Season

Aaron Baker
problemas de aprendizaje

Cómo asistir mejor a su hijo con problemas de aprendizaje

Como padres, a menudo solucionamos problemas a medida que ocurren. Para ayudar a optimizar sus próximos pasos, hablamos con la Dra. Liz Matheis, quien se especializa en ayudar a los niños y sus familias con autismo, TDAH, ansiedad y trastornos del aprendizaje / comportamiento.

Sarah Sanchez, NDTR
exhausted parent

For the COVID-19 Angry Parent

As parents dealing with COVID-19 pandemic, we are feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and sometimes, downright angry. Pre-pandemic life was stressful enough.

Dr. Liz Matheis
empoderamiento

The Power Of Empowering

When I help someone instead of empowering them to use their own voice, I’m robbing them of the opportunity to grow as a person...

Alethea Mshar
Next Page »