o b

Monthly Archive: December 2020

new year

There’s Not a Word for This New Year

I don’t have a resolution for this new year because there’s not a word for what I’m feeling. It’s more like a vague sense of expectation...

Jamie Sumner
fatigue

COVID-19 Mental Health Fatigue

As a world, we are all suffering. We all feel the limits and the fatigue. For many of us, the mental turns into physical fatigue...

Dr. Liz Matheis
Mindful Movement with SCI

The Meaning of Mindful Movement

I often use the term mindful movement when describing how I manage my time, energy and risk with a spinal cord injury. I have come to understand that I must be hyper-aware and very precise with how I move physically and treat myself to prevent further injury that would most certainly compound the difficulty I… Continue reading The Meaning of Mindful Movement

Aaron Baker
nutrition for wound care management

Optimizar la cicatrización de heridas: La nutrición para el cuidado de las heridas

Muchos aspectos afectan el proceso de cicatrización de heridas, pero uno de los aspectos más importantes, y que comúnmente se pasa por alto, es la nutrición.

Cassandra Bursma, RD
stay at home

Dealing With The Stay At Home Blues

These days many are with us, staying home almost entirely, but unlike many, this isn’t our first go-round with sheltering in place. When my son had leukemia we rode out much of his time in treatment by staying at home to keep him safe, and then, like now, concern for the well-being of our family in every way was a source of stress.

Alethea Mshar
Parenting

Parenting is About Being Good Enough

Parenting is the most difficult job I have ever had. It’s also the most rewarding. But it’s also challenging and exhausting.

Dr. Liz Matheis
Respiro

Cuatro recomendaciones para aprovechar al máximo el cuidado de respiro

Nadie se ocupará de su hijo como lo hace usted. Pero si desea seguir haciendo ese gran trabajo, debe alejarse. Aprenda a aprovechar al máximo el cuidado de relevo.

Jamie Sumner