o b

Monthly Archive: January 2021

How has COVID changed caregiving

Meet Our Judges for Shield HealthCare’s 2020-2021 Caregiver Contest

We brought together a panel of judges from various parts of the U.S., including California and Texas. As a token of appreciation for judging our Caregiver Contest, we will be making a monetary donation to a charity of their choice.   Margarita Bermudez, MSW, serves as the Manager of Professional Training and Healthcare Services at… Continue reading Meet Our Judges for Shield HealthCare’s 2020-2021 Caregiver Contest

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Ostomy Takedown

Ostomy Takedown: Low Anterior Resection Syndrome (LARS) Explained

Most people with a temporary ostomy are so happy that it is only temporary and dream of the day they will be free from the bag and have their old bodies back. But all too often, they have the reversal surgery and are then plagued by a life of running to the toilet, chronic diarrhea,… Continue reading Ostomy Takedown: Low Anterior Resection Syndrome (LARS) Explained

Anita Prinz, RN, MSN, CWOCN, WCC
How I Maintain A Positive, Optimistic and Flexible Frame Of Mind

A Pivot Mindset

How I Maintain A Positive, Optimistic and Flexible Frame Of Mind I will begin with full transparency – I do not have a clear and positive mindset every day. The ebbs and flows of daily life can oscillate like ocean waves that sweep my unchecked emotions into turbulent white water. As, too, my body’s fluctuating… Continue reading A Pivot Mindset

Aaron Baker
pandemic parenting

Continued Pandemic Parenting

The beginning of the new year usually brings hope, resolutions and plans. This January 2021, the new year feels different. More of the same. It’s been 10 months, almost one year of living through the COVID-19 pandemic. Our lives are the most isolated they have been given the dark, cold winter and a holiday season… Continue reading Continued Pandemic Parenting

Dr. Liz Matheis
social skills

Building Your Child’s Social Skills Even During COVID-19

Has the pandemic affected your child's social skills? Learn how to help them build these skills through story telling and socially distanced activities.

Dr. Liz Matheis
Tube Feeding Support

Tube Feeding Support

Our nutrition program provides specialized support and products to help keep patients with complex health care needs at home and thriving with their families. We focus on caregiver support to promote healthy development and well-being.

Shield HealthCare Nutrition Team
virtual learning

7 Strategies for Getting Through Virtual Learning During COVID-19

As parents, we are watching our children struggle while we struggle with them. Our children are having a hard time paying attention, finding assignments, completing them, and turning them in via virtual learning.

Dr. Liz Matheis
Bond alimentación por sonda

Cuatro estrategias para vincularse con su bebé mientras recibe alimentación por sonda

Si bien es posible que no pueda alimentar a su hijo como lo planeó, aún puede consolarlo y establecer un vínculo con él mientras lo alimenta por sonda.

Shield HealthCare Nutrition Team
Unstructured Play

The Beauty of Unstructured Play

Through unstructured play kids can explore in ways we couldn’t have predicted or facilitated and that is a wonderful gift.

Jamie Sumner
father with a spinal cord injury

Welcome Home, Baby!

My fear of becoming a father with a spinal cord injury vanished the moment Cayla was placed in my arms. I was scared I would not have the energy or strength to spare to rear another life. I was wrong.

Aaron Baker
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare