o b

Monthly Archive: July 2021

VA Mandates COVID-19 Vaccines for Healthcare Workers, Including Northeast Ohio Locations

Original article by Julie Washington on cleveland.com CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Department of Veterans Affairs will make COVID-19 vaccines mandatory for VA doctors and other health care personnel who work in Veterans Health Administration facilities, visit VHA facilities or provide direct care to those the VA serves. Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough made… Continue reading VA Mandates COVID-19 Vaccines for Healthcare Workers, Including Northeast Ohio Locations

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
children wearing masks

Ohio Officials Recommend Schools Return to Full-Time, In-Person Learning, with Children Wearing Masks

Original article by Laura Hancock on cleveland.com COLUMBUS, Ohio -The Ohio Department of Health announced Monday it will release recommendations for the operation of K-12 schools in the upcoming school year – which will include unvaccinated children wearing masks and full-time, in-person learning – to prevent coronavirus spread. The recommendations will be posted on the… Continue reading Ohio Officials Recommend Schools Return to Full-Time, In-Person Learning, with Children Wearing Masks

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
steps for mindful breathing

A Few Simple Steps For Mindful Breathing

“Mindful breathing isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” – Sharon Salzberg Six days after my accident, while in ICU, fully paralyzed and strapped to a rotating bed, I was intubated on a ventilator and fed through a tube. I was about to go from bad to worse. My lungs filled with… Continue reading A Few Simple Steps For Mindful Breathing

Aaron Baker

Damage to Children’s Education — And Their Health — Could Last a Lifetime

COVID’S LONG SHADOW: GENERATION COVID By Liz Szabo, Kaiser Health News Before the pandemic, 16-year-old Na’ryen Cayou had everything he needed. He had his own room. A partial scholarship to a boys’ prep school. A spot playing trombone in the marching band, performing in parades all over New Orleans. Then covid-19 blew through the Big… Continue reading Damage to Children’s Education — And Their Health — Could Last a Lifetime

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS