o b

Monthly Archive: September 2021

essential fatty acid balance

The Essential Fatty Acid Balance

What are Essential Fatty Acids? The human body can make most of the fats it needs through our diet. However, there are two fatty acids that are essential, meaning we must consume them through our diet because the body alone cannot synthesize them. These are Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. What is an Omega-3 Fatty… Continue reading The Essential Fatty Acid Balance

Kristin Koons

Sound Therapy

“Everything Is A Vibration.” – Albert Einstein Music, sounds and frequencies can be used to impact human health in many ways. There are specific audibles that are regarded in alternative medicine to be particularly healing for the human body. While the concept that sound frequencies can actually alter human consciousness and promote healing sounds a… Continue reading Sound Therapy

Aaron Baker
grieving the loss of what you thought would be

Grieving the Loss of What You Thought Would Be

When we are faced with news or experience of loss, whether physical or perceived, we respond with shock and disbelief. We then experience all of the emotions that flood us while we are trying to accept a reality that we did not want. As parents, when our child or children are diagnosed with a medical… Continue reading Grieving the Loss of What You Thought Would Be

Dr. Liz Matheis
special needs vs disabilities

Which Terminology Should I Use – Special Needs or Disabilities?

When I was a student in school, students with disabilities were placed in a separate class, they traveled together around the school building, and everyone knew who “they” were. Terms such as “retarded,” “stupid,” or handicapped” were used so often. As a I type these highly derogatory terms, my skin crawls.  Over the years, our… Continue reading Which Terminology Should I Use – Special Needs or Disabilities?

Dr. Liz Matheis

Healing After Injury: Therapy, Expression… Recovery

Art as Therapy Art was always a part of my life growing up. As a little boy, I loved to draw with pencils and crayons, and finger paint with watercolors, gauche or oils. Art class was the highlight of a school day. It was a time when I could fall deep into a wonderland rabbit… Continue reading Healing After Injury: Therapy, Expression… Recovery

Aaron Baker

Welcome to Shield HealthCare

Provinding medical supplies since 1957.

Shield HealthCare

Providing medical supplies since 1957.

Shield HealthCare
your trash tells a story

Your Trash Tells a Story. Here’s Mine.

When my son Charlie was born with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that resulted in an enlarged tongue, we spent months in the neonatal intensive care, working to discover a safe way to protect his airways so we could bring him home. The end result after twelve weeks of false starts was a tracheotomy.… Continue reading Your Trash Tells a Story. Here’s Mine.

Jamie Sumner

Serving Medicaid families and their caregivers for over 60 years

Shield HealthCare

Emergency Preparedness

Do you feel prepared for a natural disaster or emergency? September is National Preparedness Month. Take time this month to make sure your household has enough supplies for at least 72 hours without power and clean water. Be informed. Find out about which types of disasters, including natural, technological, and home fires are likely to… Continue reading Emergency Preparedness

Sarah Sanchez, NDTR
Next Page »