o b

Monthly Archive: October 2021

Tired of Painful Finger Sticks?

Providing medical supplies since 1957.Shield HealthCare News Team

Shield HealthCare

Welcome to Shield HealthCare

Contact Us   Providing Medical Supplies Since 1957 Shield HealthCare is focused on empowering caregivers, along with the many people who are managing a medical condition at home.   Incontinence • Urological • Diabetes • Enteral Nutrition • Advanced Wound Care • Ostomy

Sarah Sanchez, NDTR

Colorado Brings Adventure for Boy with Cerebral Palsy

The Jeep had no windows. And no roof – well, a tarp, but that hardly counts. It stood so high off the ground that our guide with the deep sunburn and Australian accent had to fetch the step stool for my seven-year-old twins. I was beginning to regret the big Colorado adventure I had promised… Continue reading Colorado Brings Adventure for Boy with Cerebral Palsy

Jamie Sumner
covid 19 surging in ohio

Covid-19 Hospitalizations Surging, 40% Of Ohio Hospitals Report Staffing Strain

COVID-19 hospitalizations are surging across all age groups, with especially troublesome increases among the oldest and youngest Ohioans. The OHA COVID-19 Hospitalization Dashboard today reports an 857% increase over the past eight weeks in the under-17 age group and an exponential climb 1,161% among the 80-plus group. OHA President and CEO Mike Abrams offers the following… Continue reading Covid-19 Hospitalizations Surging, 40% Of Ohio Hospitals Report Staffing Strain

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
looming ohio healthcare crisis

Weary Medical Staff + More Patients = Looming Ohio Healthcare Crisis

And hospitals say everyone who needs a hospital could suffer as a result. Ohio’s hospitals report they are at or near capacity right now because of a surge in COVID patients, as medical professionals overwhelmingly continue to recommend COVID vaccines and masks. Even if the makeshift hospitals set up at the start of the pandemic… Continue reading Weary Medical Staff + More Patients = Looming Ohio Healthcare Crisis

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Am I Too In Tune With My Child’s Emotions?

The room was loud, concert-level loud, which is what happens when you fill any space with  nine-year-olds. My eardrums thrummed and my heart skipped a beat before it began to syncopate with the slamming down of books and backpacks and excited shouts of kids. I handed over Charlie’s bag and lunch and I steered his… Continue reading Am I Too In Tune With My Child’s Emotions?

Jamie Sumner