o b

Monthly Archive: November 2021

caregiver shortage in Ohio

Companies learn to manage with caregiver shortage

CINCINNATI — November is National Family Caregivers Month, a time to recognize and honor all that caregivers do. While AARP estimates 80% of adults over 50 get some sort of in-home care, there’s a shortage of those workers right now. Key to Happiness Home Care LLC Owner Talawanda Morgan has been running her caregiver business for… Continue reading Companies learn to manage with caregiver shortage

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Vital Importance of Getting Messy

The Vital Importance of Getting Messy

Last Spring while on a walk at a local farm to see the horses and climb through the haylofts and crawl over the farm equipment, we got caught in a flash rain storm. It rolled in while we were racing down the gravel road toward the distant parking lot. It was miles away. Or at… Continue reading The Vital Importance of Getting Messy

Jamie Sumner
holiday delivery schedule

2021 Holiday Delivery Schedule

Each year, Shield HealthCare works with our delivery partners to bring you reliable service throughout the holiday season. Below you’ll find Shield HealthCare’s 2021 holiday delivery schedule. We have also included when Shield HealthCare’s call centers will be open. For the second year in a row, delivery companies are exceptionally busy as a result of… Continue reading 2021 Holiday Delivery Schedule

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Continuous Glucose Monitors Available Now!

Providing medical supplies since 1957.

Oscar Orozco
adolescent with special needs

How do I Parent My Adolescent with Special Needs?

Raising an adolescent is hard. Really hard. Their moods change quickly – one minute they’re angry and raging, and the next, they are a pile of tears in your lap. They want independence and freedom and yet, they are afraid of it. They want you to tell them what to do, but they don’t want… Continue reading How do I Parent My Adolescent with Special Needs?

Dr. Liz Matheis
better diabetes care Ohio

Working Together, Plans Bring Better Diabetes Care

by Ami Cole, Plan President at Molina Healthcare of Ohio, Inc. | Ohio Association of Health Plans Ohio’s Medicaid Managed Care plans work collaboratively every day to help support the over 3 million Medicaid recipients we are privileged to serve. In this effort, we have learned about the many challenges members face in accessing care… Continue reading Working Together, Plans Bring Better Diabetes Care

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Here’s How We Turned our Family into a Ted-Lasso Worthy Team

Our family has a saying whenever one of us is complaining about being slightly inconvenienced: we are a team. It’s so simple a metaphor for family drama that it’s almost embarrassing. But therein lies the Ted Lasso appeal—the simplest, most honest approach is often the best one. Think of your favorite soccer/football/basketball/baseball team. Or if… Continue reading Here’s How We Turned our Family into a Ted-Lasso Worthy Team

Jamie Sumner