o b

Monthly Archive: January 2022

Bladder Irritants

Certain foods and drinks have been associated with worsening symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency, urge incontinence, or bladder pain. If you suffer from any of these conditions, you may wish to try eliminating one or more of these foods from your diet and see if your symptoms improve. If bladder symptoms are related to dietary… Continue reading Bladder Irritants

Shield HealthCare
back injuries shoveling

Top Tips to Avoid Back Injuries This Winter

DEAR MAYO CLINIC: I threw out my back doing yard work. While I was laid up for a few weeks, I’m OK now. I’m concerned I will reinjure my back shoveling snow this winter. How can I protect my back while shoveling? ANSWER: Winters in certain parts of the country can be long and snowy.… Continue reading Top Tips to Avoid Back Injuries This Winter

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Ohio High School Lunchroom

23,000 New Ohio School COVID Cases This Week as Classes Resume After Break

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) – Coronavirus cases reported by Ohio’s K-12 schools shot up this past week as regular reporting amounts resumed after winter break. Schools reported 23,268 new cases to the Ohio Department of Health in the week ending Sunday, Jan. 9, the first week of the winter semester for most schools as they resumed classes after the holidays.… Continue reading 23,000 New Ohio School COVID Cases This Week as Classes Resume After Break

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
what are birth defects

What are Birth Defects?

The word “defect” is a difficult word, especially when you are a parent. Medically speaking, birth defects are structural changes present at birth that can affect almost any part of the body. They can affect how the body works, looks, or both. Advancements in medicine and surgery have led to better survival rates, and thankfully… Continue reading What are Birth Defects?

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
food safety for seniors

Food Safety for People at High Risk

Food poisoning is more than an inconvenience: it can cause serious illness and long-term health consequences, including death. Foodborne illness will sicken 1 in 6 Americans this year alone (approx. 48 million people). Nearly 130,000 Americans will require hospitalization from contaminated food, and 3,000 will die. While anyone is at risk of severe illness, people… Continue reading Food Safety for People at High Risk

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS