o b

Monthly Archive: April 2023

mystery and magic of our children

Rediscovering the Mystery and Magic of our Children

Outer Space Taught Me How to Zoom Out On an incredibly frigid weekend in March, my spouse and I decided that the only thing to soothe our winter-weary hearts was to pack up the van and head out on an adventure. At this point in their lives at ages nine and eleven, my kids know… Continue reading Rediscovering the Mystery and Magic of our Children

Jamie Sumner

Are You at Risk for Type 2 Diabetes – Self Assessment

Download our type 2 diabetes risk self assessment

Paige Oyaga
history of national nurses week and national nurses month

History of National Nurses Week

Thank You, Nurses! Each May, we recognize both Nurse Appreciation Week (May 6 – 12) and National Nurses Month. With more than 4 million registered nurses in the U.S. across a wide spectrum of specialties, the impact nurses make on healthcare is unparalleled. Nurses of all specialties bring vast knowledge and expertise to every healthcare… Continue reading History of National Nurses Week

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
why age at home

Older Americans Month: Why Age At Home?

Each May, we celebrate Older Americans Month (OAM) to recognize the countless contributions older adults make in our communities. The time, experience, and talents of older adults enrich the lives of those around us. This year’s theme, “Aging Unbound,” focuses on how older adults can age in our communities, living independently for as long as… Continue reading Older Americans Month: Why Age At Home?

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
what is vitamin infusion therapy

What is Vitamin Infusion Therapy?

Immune Boost to Aid Vitality Let’s state the obvious… diet, exercise and quality sleep are the main components for living a healthy life. But what do you do if you already have those three checked off your list? And what if you have a spinal cord injury or chronic health issue? Enter vitamin infusions. When… Continue reading What is Vitamin Infusion Therapy?

Aaron Baker
Medicare expands CGM access 2023

Two Major Updates for People with Diabetes

Medicare Expands CGM Access and Shield Launches Dexcom G7.

Oscar Orozco
Freestyle Libre 2 Reader Recall

Abbott Issues Voluntary Urgent Medical Device Correction Notice for FreeStyle Libre Readers

On April 6, 2023, the FDA issued a Class I Recall of Abbott’s FreeStyle Libre®, FreeStyle Libre® 14 day, and FreeStyle Libre® 2 Readers in the United States. A medical device recall means a firm’s removal or correction of a medical device. In this case, Abbott is correcting the product labeling and not physically removing… Continue reading Abbott Issues Voluntary Urgent Medical Device Correction Notice for FreeStyle Libre Readers

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
my son with complex medical needs is growing up

I Don’t Need a T-Shirt to Tell Me My Son is Growing Up

There is a reason Etsy exists. And Pinterest boards. And the entire home section of Anthropologie. We like to fancify our lives. We like the idea of tablescapes and monogrammed sweatshirts and the perfect mod lamp. It sounds silly, but it serves a purpose. Underneath all the fluff is this idea that we crave specialness.… Continue reading I Don’t Need a T-Shirt to Tell Me My Son is Growing Up

Jamie Sumner

Caregiver Contest Runner-Up Winner: Kaitlin W.

Congratulations to Runner-Up winner Kaitlin W. from Puyallup, Washington. I started my career in Healthcare long before my kids entered into my life. I always thought I wanted to be a journalist until my uncle got sick with bone cancer and I took care of him until his last breath. I thought then my life… Continue reading Caregiver Contest Runner-Up Winner: Kaitlin W.

Madeline Perez
Choosing the Right Mattress for Spinal Cord Injury

Your Bed, Your Haven: Choosing the Right Sleep Surface

A Good Bed Can Enhance Your Life When I think about where I spend most of my time, I can narrow it down to two places – my wheelchair or my bed. My wheelchair has been measured, designed and tested out for my exact liking, so why shouldn’t my bed be considered in the same… Continue reading Your Bed, Your Haven: Choosing the Right Sleep Surface

Aaron Baker