o b

Monthly Archive: September 2023

Celebrating Nurse Practitioner Week: Honoring Healthcare Heroes

Nurse Practitioner Week provides a well-deserved spotlight on the exceptional contributions of nurse practitioners (NPs) to the healthcare field.

Paige Oyaga

Diabetes Awareness Month: Shining a Spotlight on a Global Epidemic

Diabetes Awareness Month is not just about acknowledging the existence of the disease, but also about understanding its various forms and complications.

Paige Oyaga

Advancements in Breast Cancer Research

In the U.S. alone, more than 700 individuals – mostly women – are diagnosed with breast cancer each day. One out of every eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. If you are the one in eight, the positive advancements made in breast cancer research are not just medical advancements; they… Continue reading Advancements in Breast Cancer Research

Madeline Perez
Girl with down syndrome, friends at water park hugging. Down Syndrome Awareness Month

Down Syndrome Overview: Causes, Characteristics and Capabilities

Down syndrome (DS) is the most common chromosomal condition diagnosed in the United States, with 6,000 babies born in the U.S. with DS each year. Despite misconceptions about quality of life, people with Down syndrome span all ages, living on average at least 60 years. Some people with DS thrive into their 80s! Many adults… Continue reading Down Syndrome Overview: Causes, Characteristics and Capabilities

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
What is Spina Bifida?

What is Spina Bifida?

October is Spina Bifida Awareness Month. Click to read more

Paige Oyaga
puppy for children with cerebral palsy

Puppies for Children with CP

One late winter’s night, I found myself Googling “best dogs for kids with cerebral palsy.” As much as I wanted to adopt a rescue again, Charlie was now eleven and I needed a pet that was gentle and calm and loving...

Jamie Sumner
hyperbaric oxygen therapy for individuals with spinal cord injury

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)

“Is that a space pod… In your office kitchen?” “Where’s Aaron?” “He’s in the kitchen taking a nap.” These were some typical daily questions asked during my Paralympic cycling journey in 2012. I was napping, sleeping, eating and doing work in a personal hyperbaric chamber. I had learned about this oblong contraption from my olympic… Continue reading Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)

Aaron Baker
What is Spina Bifida?

La espina bífida y la salud ósea

Uno de los defectos congénitos más frecuentes del sistema nervioso es la espina bífida. La espina bífida es un defecto del tubo neural que pueda aparecer en cualquier lugar a lo largo de la columna si el tubo neural no se cierra. Esto hace que la columna vertebral (que protege los nervios) no se forme… Continue reading La espina bífida y la salud ósea

Madeline Perez

Cómo utilizar la aplicación Dexcom Follow

El Aplicativo Dexcom Follow para sus amigos, familia y cuidadores Para las personas que controlan su diabetes, los sistemas de monitoreo de glucosa continuo (CGM) ofrecen una herramienta tecnológica de última generación que cambia la vida por completo y que ayuda a monitorear el nivel de glucosa. A diferencia de la lectura única que brinda… Continue reading Cómo utilizar la aplicación Dexcom Follow

Madeline Perez
Tools for Anxious Children: Children and Teen Relationship-Building - tools for anxious children

Tools for Anxious Children: Children and Teen Relationship-Building

New School Year, New Friends The start of the school year can breed anxiety for parents of anxious children, teens, and young adults. Although your child may want and seek and desire friendships, this may be an area that needs some coaching with the fresh start of a new school year. So, what are you, as the parent of… Continue reading Tools for Anxious Children: Children and Teen Relationship-Building

Dr. Liz Matheis
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare