o b

Monthly Archive: November 2023

the history of HIV

HIV/AIDS: Ending the Epidemic

Since the first cases of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) were reported back in 1981, an estimated 76 million people have been infected worldwide, resulting in over 22 million deaths and 13 million AIDS orphans. What is HIV? HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a virus that attacks cells that help the body fight infection, making a… Continue reading HIV/AIDS: Ending the Epidemic

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Older Driver Safety

Physical or mental deterioration can limit our ability to be independent at many different levels. For older adults, one of the biggest changes in independence comes when we are no longer able to safely operate a vehicle. After a long life of independence behind the wheel, needing to rely on another person to help us… Continue reading Older Driver Safety

Allison Dalton

Awareness is Necessary: Birth Defects Awareness Month

Every four and a half minutes, a baby in the United States is born with a birth defect. Early intervention is vital to improving outcomes for these babies.

Paige Oyaga

Cómo pasar de la alimentación por sonda a la alimentación por boca

El proceso de transición de la alimentación por sonda a la alimentación por boca puede ser un proceso lento. Asegúrese de hacerlo de manera correcta adoptando un enfoque escalonado y contando con la ayuda de su equipo de atención médica. 1 Hable con su médico. Hable con su profesional de la salud sobre su deseo… Continue reading Cómo pasar de la alimentación por sonda a la alimentación por boca

Amy Long Carrera, MS, RD, CNSC, CWCMS

Navigating the Holidays with Incontinence

For individuals dealing with incontinence, this festive period can bring anxiety and discomfort while trying to hide their incontinence diagnosis.

Paige Oyaga
photo of Jamie Sumner and family, hugging and kissing during a trip to Colorado

Everyone Deserves a Love Language

This past summer we came home from the best vacation of our lives. Standing by the luggage carousel in baggage claim in Nashville, I was still riding the wave of a week in the Colorado mountains in upper seventy degree weather with no humidity, excellent restaurants, beautiful hikes, and scenic Jeep tours. As the bell… Continue reading Everyone Deserves a Love Language

Jamie Sumner
choosing the right rehab. Physical therapist adjusts the neck brace of a patient after physical therapy in a rehabilitation center.

Rehab Factsheet: Choosing the Right Rehabilitation Center

When the insurance well dried up, my family and I were left asking, “where to next”? We had just started seeing progress being made with my physical and occupational therapists. This was not the time to slow down or stop! My mom searched the globe for alternative places to continue my rehab, but in 1999,… Continue reading Rehab Factsheet: Choosing the Right Rehabilitation Center

Aaron Baker

Living With a Chronic Illness Takes Guts

1 in 100 Americans live with the invisible symptoms of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, collectively known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).

Paige Oyaga

2023 Holiday Delivery Schedule

Each year, Shield HealthCare works with our delivery partners to bring you reliable service throughout the holiday season. Below you’ll find Shield HealthCare’s 2023 holiday delivery schedule. We have also included when Shield HealthCare’s call centers will be open. While we are doing everything we can to ensure your orders continue to arrive on time,… Continue reading 2023 Holiday Delivery Schedule

Allison Dalton
Home healthcare or Home care: what's the difference? Image of caregiver helping patient walk at home. Article explores the difference between home healthcare and home care.

Home Healthcare or Home Care: What’s the Difference?

Do you or your loved one need home healthcare, or just home care? The terms “home care” and “home health” refer to support services delivered in the comfort of home. These terms are often used interchangeably, depending on the state you’re in. Although they overlap, the services they provide are not the same. Knowing the… Continue reading Home Healthcare or Home Care: What’s the Difference?

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare