o b

Ohio Home

Lorraine Surgical Supply is now a part of Shield HealthCare!

Experience matters. With more than 60 years of home medical supply experience, Shield is a leading provider of incontinence, urological, ostomy, enteral nutrition, diabetes, breastfeeding and wound care supplies in Ohio. Our mission is simple: to serve the medical supply needs of patients at home with excellence and exceptional service. We offer direct billing to Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs and private health care plans, as well as serve dual eligible beneficiaries. With distribution and customer service offices right here in Cleveland, we are local and here to help.

Shield HealthCare serves customers with Medicare, Medicaid, dual eligible beneficiaries, HMOs and private health care plans within the entire state of Ohio, including:

Akron

Beavercreek

Boardman

Bowling Green

Brunswick

Canton

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Cleveland Heights

Columbus

Cuyahoga Falls

Dayton

Delaware

Dublin

Elyria

Euclid

Fairborn

Fairfield

Findlay

Gahanna

Grove City

Hamilton

Hilliard

Huber Heights

Kettering

Lakewood

Lancaster

Lima

Lorain

Mansfield

Marion

Mason

Massillon

Mentor

Middletown

Newark

North Olmsted

North Ridgeville

North Royalton

Parma

Reynoldsburg

Springfield

Stow

Strongsville

Toledo

Upper Arlington

Warren

Westerville

Westlake

Youngstown

7520 Engle Lake Drive, Suite A
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
Phone: (800) 557-7710
(330) 598-6368
Fax: (330) 598-6369

Since 1957, Shield HealthCare has been helping people with a need for disposable medical products live comfortably at home.
Shield HealthCare Benefits at a Glance:

• Local customer service representatives for accurate and timely orders
  • Direct billing to Medicare, Ohio Medicaid and many private insurances
  • Same-day, discreet shipping on approved orders
  • FREE shipping with most insurance plans
  • Easy patient referral process
  • On-staff Registered Dietitians for nutritional assessments and follow-up
  • Educational Programs and in-services for health care professionals
  • Thousands of brand name home health care products to choose from, including:
    • Incontinence Supplies: underpads, pull-ups and adult diapers
    • Ostomy Supplies: full line of ostomy supplies from major manufacturers
    • Urological Supplies: catheters and supplies
    • Wound Supplies: basic and advanced wound care
    • Enteral Nutrition Supplies: adult and pediatric formulas, tubes and more Diabetes Supplies: Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM) and test strips Breastfeeding Supplies: breast pumps and accessories
Ohio WIC Formula Shortage

Ohio Department of Health, WIC Aids Families During Formula Shortage

COLUMBUS — Ohio Department of Health Director Bruce Vanderhoff, MD, MBA announced that department officials requested that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) allow for greater flexibilities in order to expand access to infant formula for families amidst the national formula shortage. “We recognize that many… Continue reading Ohio Department of Health, WIC Aids Families During Formula Shortage

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Income disparity Ohio

Connection Between Income and Health in Ohio Communities

Newly released County Health Rankings spotlights connection between income and health Newly released data from County Health Rankings show that Black Ohioans have the lowest median household income among groups of Ohioans and have, by far, the highest rate of premature death (years of potential life lost before age 75, which reflects the burden of… Continue reading Connection Between Income and Health in Ohio Communities

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Ohioans forced off Medicaid

As pandemic ebbs, fears grow that Ohioans will be improperly forced off of Medicaid

State to decertify recipients much faster than federal guidelines require Original article published by Marty Schladen | Ohio Capital Journal Ohioans are no doubt greatly relieved that the coronavirus pandemic appears to be winding down — and taking with it the sickness, death and inconvenience of the past two years. But as it does, thousands… Continue reading As pandemic ebbs, fears grow that Ohioans will be improperly forced off of Medicaid

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Coronavirus adds to issues for those with developmental disabilities

‘We made it through today’: Coronavirus adds to issues for those with developmental disabilities

Brady Smalley, a 14-year-old with autism, lives by his dry-erase calendar. He takes comfort in the certainty of dates and planned outings. Now, because of coronavirus precautions, the squares are empty, and his mom, Sarah Smalley, can’t do much to fill them. “Once he saw everything being erased, we had some tears,” Smalley said. “He’s… Continue reading ‘We made it through today’: Coronavirus adds to issues for those with developmental disabilities

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
disability pandemic

‘The pandemic has not been very good to me’: People With Disabilities Feel Forgotten

Original article by Aubrey Wright in The Columbus Dispatch Cara Pritchett lights up when she talks about family members who have helped her navigate life with cerebral palsy during the COVID-19 pandemic. The oldest of four siblings, Pritchett, 25, of Upper Arlington, said she was diagnosed with a mild form of cerebral palsy shortly after she being born. The congenital disorder caused her to lose function… Continue reading ‘The pandemic has not been very good to me’: People With Disabilities Feel Forgotten

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Northeast Ohio Schools Expand Health Clinics After Gov. DeWine Announces $25.9 Million in Funding

Ohio will spend millions of dollars to create or expand health care clinics inside schools, including some in Northeast Ohio, Gov. Mike DeWine announced Friday. Thirteen school districts across Cleveland, Akron and Canton will be home to new or expanded health centers that will provide care to students during the school day, DeWine’s office said… Continue reading Northeast Ohio Schools Expand Health Clinics After Gov. DeWine Announces $25.9 Million in Funding

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
OH life expectancy at birth 2019

Ohio’s Life Expectancy Ranks Near Bottom in U.S.

New federal data released last week found life expectancy in Ohio is worse than 41 other states and is the lowest-ranked of the top 10 most populated U.S. states (Read more below: “Ohio’s life expectancy among the worst in U.S.,” Axios-Columbus, Feb 17). The average life expectancy at birth in Ohio is 76.9, according to… Continue reading Ohio’s Life Expectancy Ranks Near Bottom in U.S.

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Health Insurance Form

Why Millions on Medicaid Are at Risk of Losing Coverage in the Months Ahead

The Biden administration and state officials are bracing for a great unwinding: millions of people losing their Medicaid benefits when the pandemic health emergency ends. Some might sign up for different insurance. Many others are bound to get lost in the transition. Before the public health crisis, states regularly reviewed whether people still qualified for… Continue reading Why Millions on Medicaid Are at Risk of Losing Coverage in the Months Ahead

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
racism and health in ohio

New HPIO Fact Sheet Highlights Opportunities to Support Health, Well-Being of Ohioans of Color

The Health Policy Institute of Ohio has released a new fact sheet that outlines actions that individuals and community groups can take to support the health and well-being of Ohioans of color. “Every Ohioan benefits when Ohio is healthy and economically vibrant,” the fact sheet states. “Though all Ohioans deserve the opportunity to be healthy, stark differences… Continue reading New HPIO Fact Sheet Highlights Opportunities to Support Health, Well-Being of Ohioans of Color

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
back injuries shoveling

Top Tips to Avoid Back Injuries This Winter

DEAR MAYO CLINIC: I threw out my back doing yard work. While I was laid up for a few weeks, I’m OK now. I’m concerned I will reinjure my back shoveling snow this winter. How can I protect my back while shoveling? ANSWER: Winters in certain parts of the country can be long and snowy.… Continue reading Top Tips to Avoid Back Injuries This Winter

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Next Page »