o b

sharp Home

holiday delivery schedule

2021 Holiday Delivery Schedule

Each year, Shield HealthCare works with our delivery partners to bring you reliable service throughout the holiday season. Below you’ll find Shield HealthCare’s 2021 holiday delivery schedule. We have also included when Shield HealthCare’s call centers will be open. For the second year in a row, delivery companies are exceptionally busy as a result of… Continue reading 2021 Holiday Delivery Schedule

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
special needs vs disabilities

Which Terminology Should I Use – Special Needs or Disabilities?

When I was a student in school, students with disabilities were placed in a separate class, they traveled together around the school building, and everyone knew who “they” were. Terms such as “retarded,” “stupid,” or handicapped” were used so often. As a I type these highly derogatory terms, my skin crawls.  Over the years, our… Continue reading Which Terminology Should I Use – Special Needs or Disabilities?

Dr. Liz Matheis

National Support Groups and Foundations

Enteral Nutrition Support Groups and Foundations: Adult Tube Feeding Facebook Support Group www.facebook.com/groups/Adulttubefeeding ASPEN: American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition www.nutritioncare.org The Daily Feed: Tube Feeding Family Support Network www.facebook.com/groups/TheDailyFeed Feeding Matters  www.feedingmatters.org Feeding Tube Awareness Foundation www.feedingtubeawareness.com Flourish Community: Home Nutrition from Shield HealthCare www.shieldhealthcare.com/community/nutrition Oley Foundation www.oley.org Tube Fed Kids tubefedkids.ning.com   Incontinence Support Groups and Foundations: American Kidney… Continue reading National Support Groups and Foundations

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Improving Heart Health

Improving Heart Health

Is your cholesterol clean-up crew up to the job? Low levels of HDL (high density lipoprotein) can lead to increase risk for heart disease but did you know that high levels of HDL can actually work as a clean-up crew, sweeping up the ‘bad’ LDL (low density lipoprotein)?

Annie Muto, MS, RD
kegel exercises to stop the leaks

Kegel Exercises to Stop Urine Leaks

You know that feeling when you get home, put the key in the door, and you get that sudden urge to urinate? You squeeze, tell yourself to hold it, cross your legs tightly, run to the toilet and _____. You fill in the blank. This phenomenon is commonly referred to as “The Key in the… Continue reading Kegel Exercises to Stop Urine Leaks

Anita Prinz, RN, MSN, CWOCN, WCC
coping mechanisms covid 19

Coping Mechanisms for Living During the COVID-19 Pandemic

I am not sure any of us could have predicted the challenges we have faced in 2020. The uncertainty this year has brought is uncomfortable to face. As a Licensed Professional Counselor, I often think of the COVID-19 pandemic as a collective trauma. I try to validate that this is a time of mourning the… Continue reading Coping Mechanisms for Living During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Laura Cox, LPC
Tube Fed Child

A Mother’s Perspective: Bonding With Your Tube Fed Child

Being both a mother and a professional in the food and nutrition business, Julie shares her advice for bonding with families of a tube fed child.

Aimee Jaremowicz RD, LDN
how to empty your emotional backpack

How to Empty Your Emotional Backpack after COVID-19

We all carry an emotional backpack that holds our memories and life experiences...After this worldwide epidemic, we will have some sorting to do.

Jamie Sumner

How Does Coronavirus Kill? Clinicians Trace a Ferocious Rampage Through the Body

Original article by Meredith Wadman, Jennifer Couzin-Frankel, Jocelyn Kaiser and Catherine Matacic | Science Magazine Science’s COVID-19 reporting is supported by the Pulitzer Center. On rounds in a 20-bed intensive care unit (ICU) one recent day, physician Joshua Denson assessed two patients with seizures, many with respiratory failure and others whose kidneys were on a… Continue reading How Does Coronavirus Kill? Clinicians Trace a Ferocious Rampage Through the Body

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
mantenerse saludable durante el COVID-19

4 Tips to Help You Stay Healthy During COVID-19

With the recent outbreak, many of us are staying home to prevent further spread of the virus. Learn more about how to stay healthy during COVID-19.

Cassandra Bursma, RD
Next Page »
Upcoming Webinars
Get Started with Shield HealthCare