o b

Monthly Archive: March 2022

Abbott Nutrition Formula Recall

About the Abbott Nutrition Formula Recall

Abbott Nutrition Formula Recall: Selected Similac, Alimentum and EleCare For questions regarding the recall, contact Abbott Nutrition at 800-986-8540 or similacrecall.com. Abbott Nutrition, the formula manufacturer which makes Similac, Alimentum and EleCare, has issued a voluntary recall of specific lot numbers of their powdered formulas. This recall came after receiving five complaints of babies hospitalized… Continue reading About the Abbott Nutrition Formula Recall

Mary Kuehl, MS, RD
Coronavirus adds to issues for those with developmental disabilities

‘We made it through today’: Coronavirus adds to issues for those with developmental disabilities

Brady Smalley, a 14-year-old with autism, lives by his dry-erase calendar. He takes comfort in the certainty of dates and planned outings. Now, because of coronavirus precautions, the squares are empty, and his mom, Sarah Smalley, can’t do much to fill them. “Once he saw everything being erased, we had some tears,” Smalley said. “He’s… Continue reading ‘We made it through today’: Coronavirus adds to issues for those with developmental disabilities

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS
Feeding Strategies Picky Eaters

Feeding Strategies for Picky Eaters

As mothers and parents, we can bear (or raise) multiple children, and yet each and every one is so different.  Let’s take eating, for example. I have three children with three very different preferences and aversions right from the start. Just because one child enjoys certain foods, another one of your children may find the… Continue reading Feeding Strategies for Picky Eaters

Dr. Liz Matheis
disability pandemic

‘The pandemic has not been very good to me’: People With Disabilities Feel Forgotten

Original article by Aubrey Wright in The Columbus Dispatch Cara Pritchett lights up when she talks about family members who have helped her navigate life with cerebral palsy during the COVID-19 pandemic. The oldest of four siblings, Pritchett, 25, of Upper Arlington, said she was diagnosed with a mild form of cerebral palsy shortly after she being born. The congenital disorder caused her to lose function… Continue reading ‘The pandemic has not been very good to me’: People With Disabilities Feel Forgotten

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

Northeast Ohio Schools Expand Health Clinics After Gov. DeWine Announces $25.9 Million in Funding

Ohio will spend millions of dollars to create or expand health care clinics inside schools, including some in Northeast Ohio, Gov. Mike DeWine announced Friday. Thirteen school districts across Cleveland, Akron and Canton will be home to new or expanded health centers that will provide care to students during the school day, DeWine’s office said… Continue reading Northeast Ohio Schools Expand Health Clinics After Gov. DeWine Announces $25.9 Million in Funding

Brooke Phillips, CWCMS

The Abilities EXPO

The Ultimate Disability Resource In my experience, the Abilities Expo is the ultimate resource—The umbrella for most things related to the disability community, literally, under one roof! I have presented on stage, displayed my own company booth, worked for other corporations in their booths, and attended various Abilities Expo’s around the country many times over… Continue reading The Abilities EXPO

Aaron Baker